Chapter 13 : The Last One Left

(RECAP)

"Jason", I said while poking him. He still didn't get up. "Jason!", I repeated and pushing him a bit harder. He still didn't move. "JASON!", I screamed and shook him really hard. He didn't move. I put my hand over his chest. Nothing. He wasn't breathing.

___________________________

CHAPTER 13 : THE LAST ONE LEFT

He's dead! He- No, he can't be.

My voice shook as I spoke. "Mr. Mason... Jason- He- He's dead."

Mr. Mason rushed over to Jason's side and laid his head on his chest. Slowly he rose and it was silent for a long bit.

"We need to get out of here", he said. "The FBI will eventually find the tunnels."

I nodded.

"Should we take Jason?", I asked nervously.

"Yeah"

We silently walked through the tunnels as Mr. Mason carried Jason with ease. I tripped a couple of times cause of the darkness, but he stayed silent. We took so many turns that I eventually couldn't remember the way back. I wonder how he remembered all of the turns.

I felt like we had walked 3 miles and it had been hours. By the way Mr. Mason struggled with Jason's body I could tell that he was getting tired.

Finally, I spoke up. "How much longer until we reach- wherever we're going?"

"We're going to Black Cat Society Headquarters and we will be arriving in about 5 minutes."

Wow. I can't wait. I wonder what it's going to be like. Then my mind started wandering back to Jason. I guess I should feel sorry for him but I just couldn't. I didn't really know him. Even though it did make me feel uneasy.

Finally the tunnel stopped and because of a lack of light I ran right into the dirt wall.

"Ouch", I muttered.

"Oh, careful, the tunnel ends here.", Mr. Mason said hiding a laugh. I mumbled a curse word under my breath.

Mr. Mason started speaking in what sounded like another language. Slowly the room started lighting up. I could now see the rough dirt walls and also some bugs. (Ewww!) The light seemed to be coming from nowhere. That's until I looked over at Mr. Mason. He was glowing!

"Mr.-Mr. Mason. Are-Are you glowing?!", I marveled at him.

"No, I'm just manipulating the light around me."

Wow. Does everyone in The Black cat Society have cool powers like this?

As I was lost in thought, Mr. Mason had laid Jason's lifeless body down on the ground and put his hands on the wall. His eyes were closed And he looked like he was concentrating hard. Finally, he opened his eyes and stepped back from the wall. He swooped Jason back up into his arms and waited. Slowly the wall started to form into a wooden door.

The doors opened and Mr. Mason stepped into the room and I followed. I was officially in The Black Cat Society Headquarters!

The door slammed behind me making me jump a little. I took a look around the large room. I was made completely out of emerald and there was a chandelier hanging from the ceiling, high above my head. there was red rugs with gold edges and the room was filled with expensive furniture and fine art. I felt out of place here in my short shorts and blue lace top.

Mr. Mason went through a hallway on my left. This hallway looked almost the same except that it wasn't filled with furniture. Mr. Mason stepped through a door on my right and shut the door once I was officially in.

It was an office of some type. It was different from the other rooms because this room was blue. And all the furniture was zebra print. That's when I noticed the lady sitting behind the desk at the far end of the room. She was pretty with her long blond hair and her blue eyes. She was so professional-looking. But the bright smile on my face made me feel warm.

"Hello, Mr. Mason", she spoke lightly. Then he eyes wandered to Jason and she let out a gasp. She came running around her desk to Jason. I just kinda stood there awkwardly as this was going on. I don't think she even noticed me.

Her eyes were wet. She must have been very close with Jason. I kinda felt bad for her. She acted so calm and collected before and now it was like I was watching this woman fall apart right before my eyes.

"Ms Maxwell, is there any chance one of our healers could heal him?", Mr. Mason said trying to act hopeful.

Ms. Maxwell's gaze went to Jason's body as she said, "All of our healers have been captured."

Mr. Mason looked shocked. I could tell that he was not expecting that.

Ms. Maxwell spoke again. "He's dead. We can't save him."

I guess I'm the last one left.

_______________________________

Guys, I am SO sorry for not updating sooner! I have just been really busy but I put all of my effort into this chapter so I hope that makes up for it!

Okay the next chapter will be Jason's funeral. (Awww, so sad!)

Now she has no one to train her so how will she ever learn to control her powers??

I'll try to start updating once a week because twice a week is too much. Sorry.

Well, I hoped you enjoyed it and thanks for almost 600 reads!!! WOW THANKS GUYS!!

~Live_Laugh_Read