{11}

Chapter 11

You couldn't help but to laugh when you got into the barrel and Bilbo did a back-flop.

Calming yourself, you helped Bilbo crawl into the small barrel with you, there wasn't a whole lot of room, only enough for you two to fit in with your fronts touching.

Bilbo looked like he was about to faint just by the physical contact you two were sharing, but you...

You were worried about your wine, because if it was as good as it sounded, you didn't want it to smash and you not even get to try any.

But that's why you brought two.

Thorin hadn't noticed the two of you sharing a barrel yet thank god, because he was already leading the way out, or there might have been an argument with fists.

Now let me tell you, you couldn't tell if this was extremely fun, or if you were going to shit yourself from fright.

But either way, you made it out into the rushing river below, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious, or at least, you tried to. All this water splashing up in your face wasn't helping you any.

Then a horn sounded, causing you to snap your head towards the sound before turning to face front. "They're closing the gates! Move faster!" You shouted to the dwarves in front of you, hoping maybe you could avoid what was to come.

But alas, it was no good. The gates closed and Orcs began to slaughter everyone in sight.

As you punched and head-butted every Orc that came near and Bilbo stabbed some with his glowing, blue sword, you spotted Kili looking up at the lever with determination.

"Kili!" You shouted above the noise, grabbing his attention just as he was about to climb out of the barrel. "Don't you dare! You're going to be shot!" It slipped out before you could stop yourself.

He gave you a smile. "So that's my future." Was all he said before ascending up the stairs as quickly as he could.

You looked on in misery, not knowing what could happen if everything tried to become all wrong again.

He was shot in the leg before he could reach the lever, much to your dislike. But at the same time you were grateful that nothing messed up at that moment.

You had smacked your head on a low hanging branch while trying to keep Bilbo from drowning in the barrel, and man, did it hurt.

But once all was said and done, you all had escaped the Elves and Orcs and were drifting softly along the, almost nonexistent, currents, having the river calm down was relaxing in a way.

"Are they behind us?!" Thorin questioned, paddling his way down the river with an axe.

"No, but they're still following us!" You shouted back, trying to balance the barrel again.

Yah, it tipped over not to long again, and you had to keep Bilbo from drowning, which was pretty hilarious to see him flapping his arms around when he went under and clung to you when you pulled him out.

A shore came into view and Thorin swam towards it. "Make for the shore!" He yelled to everyone, making you sigh in relief.

______

After you struggled your way out of the barrel and dragged Bilbo out too, you quickly set your wine bottles down with a clank and ran over to Kili, who was struggling to even move his leg out of the barrel.

With gentle hands, you picked him up bridal style. "What did I tell you?" You whispered to him as you carried him to a flattish stone. "What did I tell you?" You muttered more quietly.

He gritted his teeth in pain as though set him down. "It... it had to be done!" He gasped in sudden pain once you poured a little bit of wine on the wound. "We would have been caught if I hadn't have!"

"Stop putting your dirty hands on it dumbass!" You shouted, having to continually smack his hands away from the wound.

You shook your head and sat back a bit, and used some of your, already destroyed, shirt to bind his leg.

"We have to keep moving! Come on!" Thorin shouted, almost as if he didn't even notice that Kili was wounded.

"To where?" Balin asked, slightly overseeing your work on Kili's leg, since Oin was busy trying to empty out his hearing horn and ears.

"To the mountain. We're so close." Bilbo said, keeping his gaze anywhere but on you and Kili, not wanting to faint from the sight of all the blood.

Balin looked over at him with a knowing look. "A lake lies between us and that mountain. We have no way to cross it."

"So we just go around." Bilbo suggested.

You shook your head along with Dwalin. "We'd be caught before we even made it half way around." You put in your input on the situation for the hell of it.

Dwalin nodded in agreement. "We've no weapons to defend ourselves."

A tall figure with a bow suddenly blocked the light, causing everyone to turn and face the newcomer as he looked at Ori, who was draining the water from his shoes.

The stick was shot and the rock that was in Fili's hand went flying, causing you to push Kili back down to sit with his brother, unfazed by the man's continuous use of arrows.

"Do it again and your dead." He said calmly, to which you felt someone stand besides you and someone hide themself behind your taller form.

Finally... another human. It's been far to long.

_________