Chapter 7

I tossed the bunch of keys on the counter and grabbed a seat, completely ignoring Erin across the table. "Who was the hottie in the jeans?" Her grin widened as she wagged her eyebrows at me. Not even a hi or how are you? Well I should be used to this by now. "Just a guy I met." I shrugged, never meeting her eyes.

"Oh my God, have you been crying?" Erin asked, her eyes as huge as saucers as she walked over to where I was seated. Great, my eyes were still red. "It's nothing." I quickly said trying to avoid any more questions. "I have to take a shower." I was about to stand up and go upstairs but that didn't happen as Erin held my chin up with her finger.

"You have been crying. " She gasped, examining my face. "What's wrong Ava?" She asked, concern evident in her face. "Adrian." I said in a tiny voice as she clenched her fists.  I told her everything that had happened earlier.

"I think I should pay that nut job another visit, eh? " She made to stand up but I pulled her back down.

"No, leave him." I said. I didn't want to sound desperate,  if he didn't want his baby. Then that's fine because right now, I'm a hundred percent sure that I don't want him in our lives.

"So.." She said wagging her eyebrows at me again. I got up from the chair and got water from the fridge. "What?" I asked as I uncapped the bottle of water and took a large swallow. " You and Dave." She wagged her eyebrows again. The words that escaped her mouth made me choke on my water. I was banging on my chest furiously so I would stop coughing while she just sat there and laughed.

I finally stopped choking and stared at her, wide eyed. "No, Erin.  We just met today and besides he knows I'm not looking for a relationship.  We're friends."

"Okay, if you say so." She said, waving her hands in the air to dismiss the subject. I took that opportunity to slip upstairs to take a shower while Erin went to the living room and watched television.

*

*

After I was done showering, I wore a pink sundress and skidded downstairs to join Erin. She was engrossed in the conversation she was having with Andre over the phone. I went into the kitchen and microwaved some popcorn for us so we could watch a movie. Turns out Erin wasn't interested in that idea, she wanted to talk and not watch. So she told me more about her and Andre and how she thought she was in love with him.

"Erin, it's only been three months." I exclaimed as I grabbed some more popcorn. Okay I was happy for Erin but seriously. I'm pregnant for Adrian but I didn't love him. Maybe I would have if he wanted this but I knew for sure I was never in love with him.

"I know, I know. Ava, but I think this is it. You know?" Tears welled up in my eyes. I was so happy for her. I mean I had never seen her talk about a man like this. It was mostly only sex to her. I smiled genuinely at her as she continued talking about Andre.

*

*

The time was 6:30 PM now. I had no idea when Erin and I had fallen asleep. She lay down on the couch with her leg hanging off. She looked adorable. I noticed a sound in the kitchen and I walked towards it.

"Mom." I smiled, pulling her into a hug. "When did you get back?" I asked as we broke our hug. "Oh, not quite long darling, you too looked so adorable, I didn't want to wake you up." She grinned. "I'm making Chinese for dinner hun."

"Great, I love Chinese. " I smiled at her. Yup, that's my mom. Any food,  you name it. She'll make it.

"Beatrix!!" I heard Erin scream from behind me. I turned around to see a smiling Erin running towards my mom. My mom had always insisted on calling her by her first name. It took some time for Erin to get used to it though.

Erin and I helped my mom make dinner and set the tables. We sat down at the dinning table, shared the grace and dug in to the delicious meal. "So Ava, how was your day?" My mother asked while staring at me. "Uh-" I was about to continue when Erin beat me to it. She told my mom everything I had told her today and exaggerated a  bit too about Dave and I. I pinched her leg under the table which made her yelp in pain. But really, I had only met Dave today.

"I want to meet Adrian." She said completely ignoring my horrified expression.

"Mom!" I gasped. I already told her that wasn't going to happen, why couldn't she just forget it.

"I want to meet Adrian." She repeated which made me mad. Erin just stared at both of us with an amused expression.

"Beatrix,  I can take you to his office." Erin suggested to my mom. "That would be splendid dear."

I stared at Erin in disbelief while she just smirked. I carried my plate to the sink without finishing my food and went up the stairs leaving my mom and Erin to chat like old friends.

I changed into my nightie and crawled under my duvet. I thought about everything that happened today and surprisingly I wasn't crying. My phone rang from the bedside table interrupting my thoughts. I stared at the unfamiliar number on the screen and contemplated whether to answer it or not. I answered it anyway.

"Ava." I heard a voice say my name through the phone.

"Hello? who's speaking? " I asked.

"Dave? The guy you pounced on today because of cookies?"

"Oh, oh my God. I'm so sorry. Uh hey. " I offered, trying the salvage the conversation. I'm so awkward. He sounded so different on the phone. Maybe sexy?

"It's okay." He chuckled. "I just wanted to know if you're okay." Aw.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for what you did earlier today."

"Ava, really it's okay. Like I said I hate seeing beautiful women being hurt like that." I blushed at his words although he couldn't see me.

"You're blushing right now, aren't you?"

"We-"

"You're beautiful. " He said, cutting me off. I blushed even more.

"Thank you." We talked for about two hours more until I felt sleepy. It felt like I knew Dave all my life. He was so easy to talk to. There was never a dull moment in our conversation and he was so humorous.

"Good night Ava, dream of me." I could almost hear his smirk from the other end.

"Night." I ended the call and let sleep consume me.

There's Chapter 7 :) I'm so happy about the positive feedbacks I've received on this book! Like it's crazy, I never thought people would even want to read this. Thank you so much. It really means a lot. And this story has almost 1000 reads. Like 3 more literally. I'm so happy because it's only 10 days old (I started this story 10 days ago). I love you guys ♡
Your comments, votes and Follows are welcome and appreciated :) Tell me what you think about this chapter!
Add my other book "The Contract " to your library. It's coming soon. Read the description to see if you like it already :) I'll post the synopsis tomorrow. Also vote for it! Give it 20 reads and I'll start. Just 6 more to go :)

Who's #TeamDave already? I know I am c:

XO.