Chapter 1 - Pregnant

Walking down the hallway of Reddington Hospital, different thoughts crowded my mind. It couldn't be true, I can't be. The only seat available was beside  a middle aged woman. She  must've been here for the same reason I was. She turned to smile at me, I returned a wry smile.

"Pregnancy test?" The woman asked me. "Yeah." I smiled sadly. Ugh ! I really hated hospitals , it reminded me so much of death.

"Dr. Robert will see you now." A blonde haired nurse said to me while offering me a smile. I returned the smile and reluctantly stood up from the seat and strolled to the doctor's office.

I knocked quietly hoping he wouldn't hear me , but of course the odds are never in my favour. "Come in!" He shouted as I walked in . I took in my surroundings and let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding . Dr Robert ' s office was plain white with about a million charts. I flinched when I saw the chart of the cycle of pregnancy.

"Good day Miss Ava" He greeted, happier than a normal person should be . These days it seemed everybody was happier than I am.

 "Miss Ava? " Dr Robert called again. "Oh I'm sorry , I got carried away ."   "It's fine , we would now proceed with the tests now. A sample of your urine will be needed." I irked at the thought of that.

I grabbed the tube Dr .Robert handed out to me. He pointed at where I presumed was the bathroom.

*

*

*

I had gone home a few hours later after the test results were out , Dr Robert had promised to give me a call in a few hours. I bit  my nails in anxiety as I awaited the test results . God,  I really hope I'm not pregnant.

Four hours later, the bell at my door rang. "Who could that be?" I thought to myself as I stood up to unlock the door. I met no one outside, but I saw a letter lying on the floor. It must have fallen when I opened the door. I picked the letter up with shaky fingers and went back into my apartment.

The letter had the address of Reddington Hospital boldly written on it which made my heart pound.

 This was it . I opened the letter with shaky hands as I read it's content. I stared at the letter in disbelief.

I was pregnant.

Everything else around me was a blur. I was in shock for about two hours until I felt hot tears trickling down my cheeks.  "Shit" I whispered to myself. I didn't even have enough money to take care of myself. I mean I'm not struggling in the money department but I'm a middle school teacher for crying out loud. 

I should probably tell Adrian , he's the father after all. But what if he ends things with me? We had only been together for a total of four months.

I got up and changed my clothes into something a little bit better than what I was wearing before. I got out a yellow sun dress with white flower prints and pulled it over my head. I got out my brown sandals and pulled them on my feet. That seemed appropriate since it was summer. I applied loose powder, mascara and red lipstick. That was the only make up I knew how to apply. 

I looked at the time and it was 3:00PM, shit! I left my apartment in a rush hoping I would catch up with Adrian before he closed for the day.

The streets of London were really busy , even on a Friday. Men and women in suits rushing about , children screaming and crying , some playing at the park. God , they all looked so happy. I called a cab  and gave the driver the address Erin my best friend, had given to me some weeks before. I arrived at Adrian's office and I alighted from the cab. I looked at the time, it was 3:45 PM.

I looked around in awe, "woah! " I thought to myself , this place screamed money. But that was my least concern.

I already knew he was swimming in luxury.

I walked into Stirling Corporation and approached the receptionist. "Good day ma'am" she greeted warmly with a smile. Her brunette hair was pulled back in a low bun. Her eyes were icy blue and the bright red lipstick which she wore did a lot of justice to her pale skin.She was beautiful.

I wondered if she had ever been with Adrian, the thought alone pissed me off. "Hello" I said returning her smile. "I would like to see Mr Adrian Ancelloti please ."

"Do you have an appointment? " She asked while typing away on her keyboard.

"No. Just tell him Ava' s here."

"Okay, hold on,  take a seat ma'am" she gestured towards the available seats. I only nodded as I took a seat. The reception was breathtakingly beautiful, the really massive crystal chandelier on the ceiling illuminated the area making it brighter. I noticed a lot of business men and women entering and exiting the building.

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard her call Adrian's office.

"You may go in ma'am." She said with a smile. She explained the directions of his office and I went in.

I thanked her and walked in , but right before I walked in, I made sure to adjust my dress and check if my makeup was alright. "Perfect" I thought to myself as I gained more confidence.

I walked into his office and immediately he peered at me over his computer screen . His brown eyes captivate me every time I look into them, how can one person  have so much power over me? He was beautiful.

He smiled at me and walked over to where I was standing.

"Ava" He smirked placing a chaste kiss on my lips and I was sure a million butterflies had flopped in my belly.

"H-hi" I replied, muttering.

"You wanted to see me?" He said while snaking his arms around my waist.

"Yes. I have something to tell you." I replied quickly pulling away from his embrace.

*

*

*

There's Chapter 1. I know I said June 30th but I'll be travelling then. The end isn't really a cliffhanger since it's obvious what she's gonna say. This is my first time writing a book. Got loads of help. Your votes, comments & follows are welcome and appreciated :) Chip in some ideas too.

XO.