Chapter 26

This was meant to be up like seven, now 8, freaking days ago but shit happened i say at the end in my authors note so for now, enjoy Phil's birthday and meeting a character you have all been demanding to see...

"Wake up dorkface." A voice floated around Phil's head like music as he blinked his eyes open slowly, still bleary.

"Mmph," he groaned and Dan chuckled and Phil blinked again, realising he was more hugging the duvet than someone beside him, but it was okay this time as he could hear Dan's voice. Except the face above his wasn't Dan...

"Oli!" he yelled as he realised it was his best friend and flung his arms around him, hugging him as tightly as possible.

"Happy birthday Phil," Oli said into his shoulder as he rocked them slightly, small tears of joy pricking Phil's eyes as he moved back and cupped Oli's face in his hands.

"I can't believe you're here..." he trailed off and Oli stuck his tongue out.

"I take it you're glad to see me then," he joked and Phil shook his head fondly, not being able to stop beaming. "And you should be thanking Dan really that I'm here," he added and Dan sat down on the bed beside Phil and Phil in turn wrapped his arms around his neck and gave him a soft kiss.

"Thank you," he whispered and Dan kissed him again.

"Happy birthday gorgeous," he smiled and Phil could already feel his cheeks hurting his smile was so big.

"Ew, PDA guys," Oli groaned and Phil giggled, shoving his shoulder.

"Shut up or I'll send you back to London," Phil teased.

"Rude, we have a tradition to uphold," Oli pointed out and Phil's face lit up. "We were actually going to wrap me up and put a bow on my head before we woke you up but er, it didn't go so well," Oli told him, gesturing to the ripped wrapping paper on the floor. "But we kept the bow because I look so damn adorable," Oli said and Phil tweaked it, giggling.

"I'm surprised you didn't wake up actually." Dan said, referring to how noisy ripping off the paper must have been.

"So what's the plan for today?" Phil asked Oli who tapped his nose.

"First off an amazing breakfast by chef Ellie and then dressing up warmly before I take you away, but to where? You will not know," Oli said dramatically.

"Oli says I am special enough to come with you," Dan said. "Which I was slightly surprised at as he greeted me with a hug, and then slapped me," Dan said thoughtfully.

"Oli!" Phil exclaimed.

"No I deserved it," Dan said. "It was for all the shit I put you through and I am glad someone finally did it to be honest," Dan said.

"And I did make sure he was okay after. I know he's special to you Phil, so I have forgiven him. But that means I gave him the 'Do-anything-like-that-again-and-you-will-die' talk. And then he got another hug," Oli said and Phil rolled his eyes.

"You're both idiots. Now breakfast time?" he asked.

"Yeah, we're going to do private presents when we're out later, that okay?" Dan asked and Phil nodded happily. This was the best birthday ever already.

They went downstairs happily (Phil finally deciding that it was okay to not bother with crutches) and as soon as they got into the kitchen Ellie gave him a huge hug and kissed his forehead.

"Happy 17th," she grinned. "If you were a wizard you could do magic legally outside of school now," she said and Dan almost hit her.

"That is the worst thing you could ever say to someone," Dan said, protectively placing his hands over Phil's ears.