Chapter 19

Hey guys. Hope you like it. I listened to Surfboard by Cody Simpson as I wrote this and the song is actually pretty awesome. Check it out!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Why don’t you just talk to him!” Ginny exclaimed. Hermione shook her head fiercely. 

“No! He’s the git. I’m not going to go running after him. Especially when he’s snagging Lavender,” Hermione said, smothering her pillow as she sat on the bed. Merope laid on her back and stared at the ceiling. 

“You did attack him with canaries,” Ginny hinted. 

“So,” was Hermione’s curt response. 

“Who are you taking to Slughorn’s party?”  Merope asked, butting in. Both girls looked at her. She’d been silent for most of the hour. 

“I don’t know yet. Why?”

“Just curious. All the girls are trying to get Potter to ask them,” Merope said, swirling a piece of hair around her finger. 

“Are you saying I should go with Harry?” Hermione asked, sounding confused.

“I’m saying you should tell him to be careful,” Merope said. 

“I already warned him,” Hermione said, sighing. “All those girls bought your boyfriend’s love potions and they probably work.” She gave Merope a glare at the end and Merope only smiled. Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes was going great; one of the twin’s employees ran the store during the school year.

“And of course he went off on a tangent about Malfoy sneaking in Dark objects,” Hermione finished. Ginny snorted and Merope grinned. No one suspected a thing…as long as Draco was careful…

“So why aren’t we down in the common room again?” Merope asked. Hermione hugged. 

“Because Ron is down there,” she said simply.

“So is my boyfriend,” Merope said.

“Oh shove it. You’ll be together all of break,” Ginny said, turning a page in her magazine. 

“True. Thanks again for inviting me,” Merope said; now she wouldn’t have to spend Christmas break with her father. 

“No problem. Besides, it was better me asking than Fred,” Ginny said. “We didn’t mention you were dating Fred till the last minute.” She grinned roguishly and Merope laughed.  

“So how many days till you leave?” Hermione asked. 

“Tomorrow of lessons and Slughorn’s party, then leaving the day after,” Ginny answered. 

“You taking Dean?” Hermione asked. 

“Yeah. Thought it’d be fun,” Ginny shrugged. 

“Fred and I’ll probably hang out here,” Merope said, getting excited at the thought. 

“Ahuh. Hanging out my arse,” Hermine giggled. Merope grinned. 

“Hey, I didn’t say what we would be doing while hanging out,” Merope said, wriggling her eyebrows. Ginny pretended to gag and Merope laughed. 

“That’s sick!” Ginny said. 

“You and Dean-“

“But Dean’s not my brother!” 

“So! Your brother is very handsome! And he’s an amazing kisser,” Merope said, ducking as Ginny’s pillow went flying. The girls laughed, pillows flying around the room.