Chapter 5

Hey guys! So long since I updated! Sorry! But I updated on my other one too the "Forest out of a Fantasy!" Hope you liek this! Vote, Fan, Rate, whatever you want!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “Petrificus Totalus!” Merope said, whipping out her want and pointing it at the spider. It froze, then crashed to the ground. Carefully, Merope strode over to the giant beast.

            Wow, Merope thought, kneeling beside the creature’s head. Its eyes whirled towards her and looked her up and down.

            “You’re a gorgeous one,” Merope said, stroking the creature’s silky brown hair by its eyes. Just moments before, she had been staring at the lake when George pulled her away from it, asking at spiders. Looking back, Merope saw the magnificent creature galloping towards them. Now she was stroking the creatures head.

            What a day, Merope thought pleased.

            “Merope! Get away from that thing!” George shouted to her. Merope ignored him, watching the creatures eyes roving around her; first resting on her face, then looking her up and down. It almost seemed like it was appraising her. But she didn’t mind. It was obviously curious.

            “Merope! That thing’s probably dangerous! We should go and get Hagrid!” George said, squatting beside her, looking in horror at the creature’s beady eyes. But before Merope could reply, he burst out laughing. Merope stared at him in confusion.

            “What?” she asked.

*~*

            “You can stop petting Fred’s face now,” George said, laughing on the ground. His stomach hurt from laughing so much today. This had gone way better than Fred and he had planned .Wayyyy better.

*~*

            “What are you talking about?” Merope asked George, her hand still on what would be Fred’s cheek if he was human. Fred silently cursed George. Merope’s warm hand had stilled on his face.

            “It was a prank. You’re petting Fred!” George laughed. Fred glared at George with all the venom he could muster with his spider eyes. But George was laughing too hard to notice.

            “Is that so?” Merope asked, her voice emotionless. Composed now, George nodded.

            “Well then,” Merope said, standing up. “I guess you should join him!” With a flash, she pointed her want at George….who was no longer human. Instead, an equally large spider as Fred lay on the ground. Its large legs attempted to lift its huge, hairy body and folded when one of its appendages rushed.

            Silently, the George-spider glared up at Merope every time it failed to get to its feet.

*~*

            “Serves you right you horrible snake…or should I say spider?” sneered Merope as she glared at George-spider.

            To think the whole time I was touching Fred! Merope thought in embarrassment. Mentally, she slapped herself.

            “Have you had enough?” Merope asked, watching the creature fall on the ground once again. George-spider just angrily clicked its pinchers at her. Merope held in a grin. So that was all it took to make George angry, turn him into a spider and shorten one of his legs so he fell down every time he went to stand.