Rants, Vents, And All That Good Stuff

MAY 2018

Memes. 

Yes, memes.

I don't find them funny. Or quite understand most of them. If it makes others laugh, then good for you (no sarcasm). 

Why do TV producers think that kids are completely clueless? Cartoons are changing and not for the better. Who here enjoys Teen Titans Go!? If so, leave now. I'm about to give these reboots a bad rap. And if you're easily offended, then go. Go watch your awful shows and leave this page.

So who here is a fan of Dexter's Laboratory, Ed Ed and Eddy, Chowder, or Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends... etc? If you are and if you dearly loathe the new Teen Titans, Ben 10, PPG, and Thundercats as much as I, we're definitely going to get along! Why? Because there's not a word out there that can describe how horrid they truly are. Although the animation style can contribute to a good percentage of the hate, most of the problem lies in the plot. But can they even be considered a plot? Teen Titans Go! for example. The episodes are pointless, the morals are terrible for kids, CN bills it as 'your new favorite show' and practically shoves it up your ass due to its crazy schedule, AND the character changes are so drastic that it became a mockery to the original. 

Raven used to be this cool, calm and collected half-demon who was extremely unstable when experiencing emotions. Now she's shown to be a pony-lover, joins her crew in their wild 'shenanigans' and even made her debut in 'Lady Legasus'. Even her father is a joke. He's first shown wearing a SWEATER VEST & khakis. What happened to the all-destructive, main antagonist of season 4? He died. He died and now kids of this generation will forever remember cringe.

Why is that, that 90% of girls feel the need to do those weird poses? The slightly squinty eyes, then those Snapchat filters? Either that or they'll pick a pose and place their finger on their lip (seen dozens of those on Instagram), run their hand through their hair or wear those overly gigantic sweatshirts then pose in front of a full-length mirror looking like some wannabe model?

Honestly, I don't get it. I'm eighteen, appear fifteen, and I just stick with concealer and smile in front of a mirror like a normal person does in a family photo. 

JULY 2018

I don't play Doki Doki Literature Club, but it was just on the news not too long ago... talking about this kid who apparently committed... you know... over the game.

"There were many things happening with my son and Doki Doki is just one part of it, but I need the death of my son to have some meaning." –as quoted by the mother. Did she even try to help him? See the symptoms and get him help instead of placing the blame on something else so she doesn't feel bad? Think of the other factors before heading down to the news station for an interview before giving ONE dark, gory game a bad rap amidst the other hundred that are floating out there? No.

Don't go blaming the game completely. Part of it was her son's fault. If you're mentally unstable or suicidal and see the bloody warnings, or know you won't be able to handle it, why... why take up the game...? I never got that. I still don't. 

Furthermore, the news station then goes on to display the warnings on screen that clearly state that if you're faint of heart or sensitive to those images, don't play it. They even played the trailer on live TV. So gratz for unintentionally promoting the game. I wonder how many other people are downloading it now ;) 

Certain YouTubers shouldn't be looked up to. A-holes like Social Repose and people who romanticize eating disorders like Eugenia Cooney shouldn't be given a platform and yet they're still allowed to post videos to this day.