Harrison

"You're gonna have to wake them eventually," my driver Henry says from the front of the limousine. Brooklyn's head is pressed against the window, and Sophie's face is pressed into Brooklyn's arm. I smile. "Mr. Reid, you're staring," he says, grabbing my attention again.

"Right. Yeah," I say, clearing my mind. I suppose driving my little entourage around isn't the only thing Henry has going on today. We're parked in front of a gorgeous, historic Chateau. The city of Paris is begging me to explore it, but I can't seem to take my eyes off these girls long enough to enjoy it.

It's not just this moment that has me tangled up; it's what Brooklyn does for Sophie. It's the way she packs her lunches with a sticker smiley face and cuts her sandwich into quarters. Its how organized she is with almost everything, and the way Sophie asks her to play as if she's known her for years. Yes, I could probably stare at these two forever.

Nonetheless, I unbuckle and lean over to gently rub Sophie's arm. She stirs a little, but nuzzles against Brooklyn again. The flight was long and the time difference will no doubt make this tough on her, but I know we can't stay here all night.

"C'mon, baby girl," I say softly, smoothing my hand down hair lightly. "We're here,"

Her eyes stay closed, but Brooklyn's shoot open. "She's been out for awhile," she says. Oh, I get it. She's going to play like she wasn't asleep.

"You, too," I tease and she sticks out her tongue.

"It was a long flight, and the guy two seats over from me was snoring for half of it," she reminds me.

I smirk. That guy was me.

"Touche,"

"Oh god. Pulling out the French already?" she teases.

"I'm fluent," I tell her.

"Of course you are," she smiles, looking down at Sophie.

"Roll your eyes now, but it will come in handy when I take you out to dinner to the fanciest restaurant in the city," I challenge.

"Touche," she smiles, unbuckling and shifting as she lifts Sophie's head carefully away from her arm. "C'mon, sweetheart," she says sweetly to my little girl.

"No use," I smile, leaning over to pull Sophie into my arms so I can lift her out of the car.

Brooklyn's out of the car and stretching her arms above head as Henry pulls our bags from the trunk.

"We've got some stairs to climb," I say nodding ahead of us. "Good thing she's light as a feather,"

Brook's eyes are big and shiny, and for a moment I wonder if she's trying not to cry. I know the life she's led so far hasn't been easy; this could very easily be the first time she's been out of the country. I want to know so much more about her than she'll let me, and I hope time will show her I can be trusted.

"You get her, I'll get the bags," she says, but Henry is around the corner, lifting them gently from her hands before she can take a step.

"Relax, Ms. Black. You're on vacation," he says with a smile.

Sophie sleeps through the entire check-in process, and soon I'm settling her into a big, soft king size bed in our penthouse. I press a kiss to her forehead and pull the covers over her before heading back into the living room. There's a huge window overlooking the city and the Eiffel Tower is framed in the center of our view. Brooklyn hasn't said a word since we stepped inside, and I can't get a read on her. Now she's staring out the window, framed perfectly in the center, just like the Eiffel Tower. It's beautiful; she's beautiful, and I pull out my phone to snap a picture so I can have this memory even after the moment snaps.