Chapter 9

After we got off the Ferris Wheel, we went on a few more rides and played some games. Taylor won me a giant teddy bear, I have no idea where I was going to put this when I got home.

It was starting to get dark. “So what are we gonna do next?” I asked Taylor “Its a surprise!” he said with a smirk. I really do like surprises, but I really wanted to know. He grabbed my hand in his and we walked to his Range Rover. As we got to the car, he opened my door for me. He was a gentleman. He then got in his side and started to drive.

We were driving and pulled into the pier.

“What are we doing here?” I asked “Well they always have fireworks here on Saturdays in the summer.” He answered.

“Oh my gosh, I love fireworks.” I said clapping my hands together. Taylor just laughed, and showed his million dollar smile. We got out of his Range Rover and he walks to the back and opens it. He reaches in and grabs a blanket and some candy.

We walk over to a grassy area and he lays the blanket down. We both sit down and look up at the sky. “ What time do they start?” I asked. “Usually at 9:30, so we have about half an hour.” He explained. I just sat there starring at the stars. They are so pretty. They remind me of my mom. She always loved the stars.

I was still looking at the stars when I felt someone starring at me. I looked over to see Taylor starring at me, “What are you starring at me for?” I said with a giggle. He just laughed and grabbed my hand. “ Because you are just so beautiful and it looks like you are deep in thought. What are you thinking about?” He asked me.

I look in to his beautiful eyes. “ Just my mom and how much she would love to just lay out and look at the stars.” I replied with a shy smile.

“May I ask why you don't really talk about her. When we were talking on the Ferris Wheel, I asked you about her and you changed the subject.” Taylor asked.

I just looked at him “ Okay, I will tell you but it is a pretty long story.” I said. He just nodded. “ I'm all yours. Tell me the story.”

I nodded and took a deep breath. “ Okay. Well when I was living in Florida with my mom and dad, I was a volunteer fire department. I was in from the age of 17 till I was accepted into the fire academy last year, so about 4 years. So one day when I was 19 I was sitting at home and my mom said she was going to go to the store and told me she would be back soon. I said OK and she left.” I said and Taylor nodded.

“After about an hour and a half I was wondering why she wasn't home yet, but knowing my mom she was talking with a friend she saw at the store. She was very popular. Everyone loved her. So I just went back to doing what I was doing. As I was sitting there the scanner went off 'Department 29 MVA' it said. It was my department, so I got up and raced to the station that was around the corner. Once I got there, I got into my gear and everything and was assigned to rescue 14. The extraction truck.” I said. I was starting to getting a little shaken up. I have never told anyone this story before.

“If you don't want to finish you don’t have to.” Taylor said rubbing my back.

“I'm fine. So any was we get on scene and I see my moms car. So I run over to it to see if she was okay. She barley had a pales so the captain came over and decided we had to get here out now. They worked to get her out. The steering wheel was crushing her stomach. When they finally pulled it off she started to get worse. So we rushed her to the ER. I was about to ride with her in the ambulance, but she ended up dieing on the way to the ER. There was nothing that they could so to save her. It was too late.” After saying that I started to cry.

“Sam, that must have been horrible for you.” Taylor said pulling me into his chest.

“It was. Then after they pronounced her dead. I had to call my dad. He then proseaded to blame me for not getting there fast enough.” I said after wiping my face with my hands. “So basically after that, my dad and I were never very close. We just didn't see eye to eye on anything.”

Taylor looked at me with a sad face. “Oh my gosh, that is horrible. No one should be blaming you for not being able to save her. I am so sorry.” He said.

“Its okay. You want to know why its okay?” I asked.

“Yeah I do.” He answered “well because I wouldn’t have decided to move to Indiana to go to the fire academy and I wouldn’t have gotten to meet you.” I said with a smile. Taylor just smiled.

What happened next shocked me and gave me butterflys.

I felt his lips on mine. It took me a while to realize what was going on. I then started to kiss him back. It felt like a fire was being set in my stomach. It was amazing. We then pulled apart.

We just smiled at each other. “Sam, I’m so glad I meant you. I have a question for you.” He said.

“What is that Taylor?” I asked. “ I know this is a little soon, but will you be my girlfriend. I really feel that we are meant to be together forever.” He asked.

“Oh my gosh Taylor. Yes I will be your girlfriend.” After I said that I felt his lips on mine again. Could this night get any better? As soon as I said that the fireworks started. This is the best night of my live.

After the fireworks were over, Taylor and I just walked around before him taking me home.

Taylor pulled up in-front of my house and pulled into my driveway. Taylor shut off his Range Rover then grabbed my hand. “Thank you for to night. I had a great time.” I said. Smiling from ear to ear. “Your welcome babe. I'm glad you had fun. I know I will never forget this date.” He replied. He was showing his million dollar smile again.

“You are amazing Taylor. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. That sounds weird.” I said with a giggle. “What sounded weird? Boyfriend?” He asked.

“Yeah I never thought moving here I would get a boyfriend so soon.” I explained. He leaned over and kissed me. “Well now you do, and i'm not going any where!” Taylor answered.

“I’m glad. Well I should be going.”I said. “Okay babe. I will see you later.” he said.

I kissed him and ran to my door and waved bye, and went inside. I'm the girlfriend of Taylor Caniff, who is a firefighter. Just my type.