Prologue

(Y/N)'s POV

Two months prior

I sat in front of my laptop, typing away my form for a chance to join the famous tattoo artist show 'Ink Master'.

"Okay, I think that's the whole form," I though out loud to myself and sighed softly. I clasped my hands together and closed my eyes, wishing hard that they would pick my form.

"Let's hope this works," I said and placed my index finger on my laptop's trackpad, and slid the cursor to the 'submit' button. My fingers hovered over the trackpad with anticipation. Before I knew it, I clicked it two, firm times. The form was sent and the page loaded.

'Success! Your form has been submitted. We'll email you and let you know if you were one of the lucky chosen 18 tattoo artists to participate in our show. Thank you again for your interest in INK MASTER.' The webpage read. I smiled apprehensively. I closed my laptop and rested my hands on top of its cold, metal surface.

What if this actually worked? I would get to travel and visit New York, I would ink my heart out for a chance to win the title of Ink Master, I might even win a hundred grand, and the most exciting part, I would finally get meet Dave Navarro. God, Dave. I've been a huge fan ever since Jane's Addiction and meeting him would be a dream come true.

"Please, please, please. Pick me."