#5

"You. Here. Now."

Should I go? Or should I lock the door one of my shaky hands is currently having an attack of some sort on and hide?

His challenging eyes stare at me, wondering if I'm going to dare defy him. I don't think I should, but someone thing about him has me doing what he says. Deciding to test my fate, I open up the door of my hiding place and take a step out.

My feet feel unusually heavy as I slowly and cautiously pass the staring boys and walk down the stairs. I can feel my nose pulsing painfully, but do nothing to show it. When I reach the empty space next to Parker and in front of Mr Quinn, I can't help but gulp down everything that suddenly wants to come up.

I stare at the taller man whose eyes seem to watch every twitch or move I make. My eyes shakily watch as he draws his balled up hand away from his side, and holds it threateningly in the air.

And then it all happens in a instant.

His balled up hand meets the bruised flesh in less than a second, and I can't help but gasp in pain. My eyes slam shut and I wince at the sound.

"Do that again, and you'll get worse."

I open my eyes to stare at Parker; I somehow feel responsible for this. However, Parker says nothing, just stands there with a pained expression on his face, but other than that he took it like a man. I bite my lip with my eyes still closed wondering if this is the right time for me to intervene.

"Um, Mr Quinn?"

His dark blue eyes meet mine as he silently waits for me to continue, and with a shaky breathe I do.

"I-If I'm being completely honest with you Parker didn't exactly deserved those punches. He did get into a fight, but Rory was the one who initiated it; Parker was simply defending himself and went along with it. And, uh, also, he didn't hit me on purpose. The crowd got rowdy and I happened to be standing at at the front, and had the force of everyone being pushed on my back, which resulted in me being pushed in front of Parker's fist. Your son did actually try to stop himself, and he did apologise, and he (along with the twins) also tried to fix my broken nose. So, truthfully I've forgiven him - even though I didn't blame him in the first place."

As soon as the last word leaves my lip, my body flinches, expecting something for challenging him in front of his children, but what comes instead gets me staring confused.

The blonde Quinn leans his head back and let's out a booming laugh. All I can do is look from Parker who's shaking his head with his purple cheek, and then back to the seemingly insane man.

"Why didn't you tell me that in the first place?" he questions, giving Parker a pat on his head as if it's going to solve the massive bruise sitting on his good-looking face.

"If you didn't start the fight then that's all that matters. And if you hitting this child was a pure mistake then it's all good! "

Parker rolls his eyes, "I tried many times, but you were too busy letting your fists fly."

As I watch Mr Quinn basically squeeze the life out of an annoyed Parker, I can't help but notice his sudden personality change. He went from a glaring, scary, dark eyes man whose words help so much power and strength to someone so...immature and...mother-like. I admit seeing Parker wrapped up in his dad's embrace with his hair being stroked gently is cute to watch, but it is still weird how he changed personalities in such little amount of time.

It seems that the Quinns are a lot more different than they seems on the outside.

However, before I can diver further into my deep thinking it's cut short when a loud 'BANG' sounds, and a loud screech of "UNCLE" reaches my ears.