#2

Everyone has been fairly cautious today. Parker was the first and the last encounter I've had with the Quinns. Thank God. So, it's been a relatively good day for me.

Also, in nearly all of my lessons there haven't been teachers so I've just been on my phone listening to music. The only teacher who was actually in his lesson was my art teacher Mr Shoe, and I think that has something to do with the fact that he is the only teacher the Quinn brothers actually like, and the only teacher that actually like the Quinn brothers.

But after a day of avoiding them I'm finally free! No more school, no more people, no more drama! I can finally breathe-

"Miana Rose."

I stand corrected.

The deep, gruff, harsh voice behind me gets my body tense in a instant. I don't even need to turn around to know who it is.

"Jameson Webb."

When he starts his deep chuckling I take the time to slowly spin around to face him. His piercing green eyes instantly meet mine and he already has that smug look on his face.

"So how's life?"

I have to hold back a gulp when he starts walking towards me, and I have to stop myself from backing away. "Good." I mumble, awkwardly staring with the scared look I know is already in my eyes.

Yes I look tough on the outside, but on the inside I'm not that brave. I have a lot of talk, but nothing to back it up. I just get frozen; especially when it's Jameson, aka, the boy who broke my nose and knocked out 2 teeth less than a year ago.

"Good. I hear the Quinn boys are back in town?" He says while circling me like a predator to their prey.

I gulp loudly as I stare up at the boy who is nearly double my height, and nod, "Yeah, I think they came back today."

He let's out a understanding 'mmh' as he stops dead in front of me. Before I can even step back he's grabbed a bundle of my coat material and pulled me a mere cms away from his face, "You better remember that I'm still the top boss around here."

I silently nod, too scared to actually say anything. Then I'm dropped and with a "Bye Miana" he's gone.

As soon as I see his retreating form I let out the breath I've been holding for the entire time. After shaking myself out of my state of shock, I eventually start walking again.

I shouldn't be afraid of Jameson! Even if he did break my nose. But still, I should act like I have at least a little bit dignity around him. To be honest all I did was turn him down in front of his friend and then suddenly I became his "victim". Like, seriously, what boy beats up a girl for nicely telling him "sorry, but I like someone else"? I didn't tell him to ask me while all of his friends were around; neither did I ask him to like me. And now everytime he sees me he has to come over and get me scared.

But anyway, I just brush him off because no matter how much I think about it, my situation with him is not going to get better. So with a sigh I walk the shop on the corner of my road, deciding to cool myself down with a ice lolly, or at least something cold.

But before I can even get into the door I'm being pushed back out by two boys who send me a "sorry" while giggling like little kids. An older man runs behind them yelling at them to come back, but obviously they don't listen. I just silently watch them as they continue to run and take a sharp corner around a bush.

The man walks up to me looking super sweating, and very pissed off. "Did you see where those bastards went?"

I can blatantly see both of them through the thin bush, but deciding I'm not getting involved I simply shake my head and shrug, "I dunno. They were fast."