One

-Maggie'sPOV-

I stood in the bathroom glaring angrily at the mirror. The curl's just would not stay. No matter how much I sprayed them with hair spray they kept losing their little ringlets that I love so much.

Stupid school.

Stupid hair.

I groan and unplug my curler, placing it into the drawer. I open another one and grab a handful of bobby pins and start to pin some of my hair back so I will look somewhat decent. My phone goes off and I grab it placing it to my ear.

"What?" I snap into the phone.

"Geeze bitch, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today," My friend Jessica said, "I am outside your house get your ass out here or walk to school."

I don't even reply to her, just hang up the phone. I shove it into my pocket and check my appearance one more time. I shake off my disappointment and run down the stair's grabbing my backpack and leaving the house. Her red car is outside and I huff out some breath, which I can visibly see.

"I hate winter." I complain as I sit beside her in the car.

She laughed and rolled her eye's at me,"You are lucky I didn't make you walk. Seriously, just get your driver's license's already, you are sixteen."

"My parent's won't let me get it until I am seventeen." I tell her, "You didn't get your's until you were seventeen also." I point out.

"You got me there," She chuckles and pulls out of my neighbor hood, "I'm just such a good friend. So guess what we are learning about today in school."

"What?" I turn my head to Jessica

"The Puissance," She snickers, "Like what kind of crap is this, we all know that's just some fairy tale made up by old people. There's not even evidence to support it."

I snort, "I agree, like why do we have to learn about stuff that isn't even real. I don't even like learning about real things."

Jessica nods and turns into our school. I let out a sigh and step out into the cold air, adjusting the scarf around my neck. I rub my hands together and blow warm air into my hands. The air is pressing against my face and my tight coat isn't doing much to help against the air.

"Maybe you should buy a nicer coat?" Jessica says, pointing at her coat.

"You look like a big marshmallow, at least I can stay somewhat in fashion." She glares at me for my comment but doesn't say another word. We stop inside the school, grabbing quick drinks from the vending machines before heading to our first classes. We don't usually go to home room anyways, it's a waste of time, "And here we are."

We drop out bags beside our seats and sit down. I lean back in my chair and bring my legs on top of the desk, crossing them and yawning. The teacher walks into the classroom and glares at me, she has a certain disliking for me. But yet again, what teacher does like me?

"Miss. Rogers." She snaps, "Get your feet off that desk." I roll my eyes and remove my feet from the table. God, sometimes I just wanted to punch her in the face. She went to her desk and sorted through some papers. She rummaged through them picking out the ones that she needed. She walked towards the front of the classroom and coughed loudly, even though Jessica and I were the only ones in the room. "Maggie, we are getting a new student today, I hope that you will show them respect and not treat them like you did the last one."

She keeps her eyes on me. I give a little chuckle at the memory of what I did to the last new student. The kid was a complete nerd, It was pretty fun messing with the poor kid. Although, he didn't find it as funny as we did.

"Whatever." I reply to her, like I'm not going to mess with the kid, this is school, we need some kind of fun.