Kayla in wonderland

Kayla felt them familiar hands on her shoulder and he's fingers give a small squeeze.  She turned around in shock. Dane. "I'm sorry if scared you its just I remember you from the comic book store and I don't know you seem interesting" Dane mumbled while shuffling his feet. kayla couldn't believe her ears.  Dane thought she was interesting.  If this was a dream she didn't want anyone to pinch her. He almost seemed shy.

Dane collapse onto the sand lightly pulling Kalya down with him. They sat there in comfortable silence for a while.  " So tell me about yourself... Kayla isn't it?" She nodded and a smile curled her lips. "urm" She giggled. " I've left college and I'm trying to become an artist"

"Oh wow an artist, can I see your work" He said sounding genuinely interested.  Kayla quickly unlocked her phone praying that Dane didn't see her lock screen.  Dane flick through the beautiful pieces Kayla had made.  "Why aren't people buying these? seriously, wow." She was speechless. 

Time passed so quickly however neither of them where aware until Dane looked up an the sky was completely dark expect for the scattering of twinkling stars. "Wow it was amazing meeting you, I better get back to the hotel,  my manger is going to send out a search party soon." He gave out a hollow laugh.  Kayla didn't want him to leave but she knew that looked needy. She put her hand up awkwardly to gesture goodbye when he pulled her into a strong hug. He smelt like black coffee and flowers.