fifteen

[ joohyun ]

[ joohyun ]

i still only have a week before i leave, but before i could i'm planning to have this week trying not to mind my problems. my parents already approved my request to transfer overseas. i'm pretty much worried about my brother though, he didn't really like the idea about me departing early. but i had to, my dream is so important to me and i wanna stay out of trouble, i don't want to argue with daehwi anymore. i had enough fights with him. i can kill him if i wanted to. he is way getting on my nerves.

as i make my way through the crowd of students, i've been looking for jinyoung. he said to meet him in the field because today's the day he'll ask kuie. i know i'm heading to my heart being super crushed. anyways, this will be the last time, if i go i won't be hurt anymore.

this will be the last time.

“why are you here? you're just gonna make yourself hurt.” guanlin said welcoming me as he wrapped his arm around my neck.

“moral support, where's jinyoung and kuie eonni?” i asked as my eyes gazed on the field looking for the lovable couple. guanlin smirked.

“over there.” he said pointing the east. there i found jinyoung serenading kuie with a rose. i didn't hear him singing but i'm sure kuie is having the sweetest time of her life. she's so happy to have him, and he looks like he is so whipped for her. she's so lucky.

“kuie, my sweetest ice cream, will you be my girlfriend?” he finally asked her. i didn't realize i'm already crying. guanlin did too, but when kuie nodded her head saying yes, jinyoung hugged her and here i am laughing as i clap my hands, crying emotionally as if i am happy.

“g-guanlin, i think i should go.” i stuttered. guanlin glanced to me, he was smiling and all but when he saw me cry he suddenly let go of me.

“j-joohyun-ah, i'm sorry.” he said but i just shook my head.

“not your fault, i really need to go.” i said as i ran out of the field trying to dry my tears, i know i left guanlin dumbfounded. i just want to leave.

[ third person ]

as soon as joohyun left, jinyoung held kuie's hand as he ran with her towards guanlin. “did it work?” jinyoung asked.

“i am planning to punch you on the face hyung, but since you're already a couple with noona, i changed my mind.” guanlin retorted. kuie sighed as she crossed her arms on her chest.

“why did you help daehwi with this?” kuie asked as jinyoung shrugged. “i'm gonna go after --” kuie said but guanlin grabbed her wrist, stopping her from running after joohyun.

“leave my sweetheart, alone noona. she needs to be alone.” guanlin said. “and hyung, don't ever call joohyun sweetheart, she's my sweetheart not yours.” and with that, guanlin left.

meanwhile, daehwi was walking in the hallway with somi as they discussed about the upcoming of the school year closing ceremony when somi's eyes caught joohyun running towards the second floor. she quickly nudged daehwi who was reading the floor plan of the auditorium.

“ya,” somi nudged him.

“what?” daehwi asked as she pointed joohyun running. daehwi's eyes landed on her and he got curious.

“leave this shit to me, it's your chance, go after her.” somi commanded. daehwi didn't think twice about handing the flyers to somi's hands and ran off to chase joohyun. somi smiled in relief as she watched her friend chasing the other girl.

daehwi ran after joohyun who headed to the empty office. he saw her entered there and locked the door. joohyun walked in circles inside as she bit her nails. she started to get nervous because she's leaving in a week, her heart is crushed because of jinyoung, she is sad because she can't leave guanlin and the others especially her brother, she didn't know if she'll do well overseas and everything.

but what triggers her emotion right now is she let herself get hurt, she should have listened to daehwi but that's not necessary, she hates him. she cried and cried until someone was banging on the door making her flinched.

“ya! it's me daehwi, open this door and let's talk.” daehwi called.

“go away! what are you doing here? leave me alone.” joohyun exclaimed but daehwi's too desperate.

“open this damn door and tell me what's wrong!” he shouted outside of the empty office. he kept on banging the door and she knows he's not going to stop until she opens it. 

“you don't care! go away!” she cried as she started to feel the panic inside her. she's having an emotional breakdown due to stress and with her feelings either. problems won't let her go run free. 

“yes i do! just open this door!” he yelled once again but he just gave up after hearing her sobs inside the room. he turned his back on the door and slide down as he sat on the floor, already feelings her emotion. “ya, i'm trying to be nice to you yet you still hate me. just open the door, i wanna talk to you.” 

“you were so nice, thank you.” she replied sarcastically. he suddenly let out a small chuckle as he tasted his salty tears streaming down from his eyes. 

“where are you going?” he asked but there was no response. “i don't like people leaving me but they all did, you're the only one i have, not you too.”