ten

[ third person ]

[ third person ]

somi sat down on the couch with her arms crossed on her chest as her legs crossed as well. daehwi is sitting in front of her playing with his fingers while giving the girl a sheepish smile due to her death glare towards the guilty lad.

“i told jinyoung that she's yours.” somi said. “but heck, i did that earlier for you to take advantage and you just let guanlin and jinyoung took her away?” she argued. “jinyoung is taking her on a date after the exams, when are you gonna take the risk?” somi said standing up aiming to hit the poor lad.

“aish, i'll talk to her before the exams.” daehwi said. somi started slapping him and he whined in pain. “ow!”

“you better talk and apologize to her!” she said. “i'm getting more older because of you!”

“look somi, i'm sorry.” daehwi apologized.

“don't apologize to me, say that to her, she deserves it.” somi said stopping him. “you're friends in the past right? what happened?” she asked him but the boy just sighed.

“it's a long story,” daehwi answered.

although it may seemed weird, but when daehwi and joohyun turned at the age of 13, that's when daehwi started to fight and annoy joohyun. they weren't pretty close friends but they are really friends. it turns out that daehwi started being weird and uncomfortable around joohyun that he made the both of them as competitive with each other.

“whatever, jinyoung is still taking her out on a date.” somi said scoffing leaving daehwi lying on the couch feeling hopeless.

it was a day before the exam, daehwi finds joohyun sitting on her desk studying, he ignored her atleast. everyone's focused on studying and as for his case, he's already prepared.

guanlin welcomed daehwi and he just gave him a cold shoulder. “ya, don't be like that, i'm suspecting you, you know.” guanlin smirked.

“is there anything suspicious about me?” daehwi asked him as he laid his bag on his table.

“why didn't you tell me and the rest of the hyungs that you're dating somi?” guanlin asked slamming his hand on daehwi's table making the older one flinched.

“we broke up,” daehwi replied.

“we i just heard,” guanlin said. “i was asking, why didn't you tell us?” guanlin was already getting impatient. he's getting more suspicious, daehwi wasn't giving him a proper response.

“it's not for you guys to know.” he said, guanlin rolled his eyes.

“look, daehwi, i'm not gonna force you to tell me your reason but i am just curious. it happened that because of what happened to joohyun on the other day was because of you and somi.” guanlin retorted. “tell me daehwi, is something bothering you?”

daehwi couldn't speak a word. he was doubting if he'll let guanlin to know his reason, there's a possibility that he'll tell everyone about his secret. it wasn't much but it'll be awkward.

“there's nothing,” he chuckled. “why are you asking that?” he added with an awkward laugh and took a glance on joohyun who's currently looking at them with her ears heard the conversation.

joohyun didn't gave daehwi a bright expression, she stayed with her cold stare as she put down her book and walked out of the classroom. guanlin saw her, he glanced at daehwi who's looking at her as well but he didn't much bother about it, guanlin decided to follow her outside leaving daehwi dumbfounded.

while walking on the hallway, she saw jinyoung walking aimlessly with his hands on his pockets. he saw joohyun of course, the white bandage on her knee is a great distraction.

“oh hey, sweetheart, how's your knee?” jinyoung asked as guanlin arrived.

he did make joohyun's heart flutter and her cheeks blushed a bit. to think that he called her sweetheart for the first time and he's very sweet, she can't help but to fall for him even more especially when he is wearing that sweet, innocent and pure smile of his. she didn't mind much about jinyoung's love life, as long as he is not courting his girl then it's fine for her.

“i'm okay -- ”

“you are calling the wrong girl, sweetheart.” guanlin said cutting his hyung off.

“i was just asking okay? and what's wrong about the endearment sweetheart?” jinyoung asked with a confused look.

“i thought you're loyal to your ice cream, i mean wait, what's her name again?” guanlin asked. joohyun started to feel a little bit disappointed again. is it really necessary for them to talk about jinyoung's girl? 

“her name is not for you to know, just go to the bulletin board and check her name under mine in our batch's ranking.” he smirked. “say, we still have a date after exams joohyun, i'll be looking forward to it.” jinyoung winked and left leaving the younger ones dumbfounded. guanlin smirked.

“seriously? a date?”