CHAPTER 2 LIVING WITH THEM

The next morning his sister recognized me from when I used to work at burger king. They said that I could stay with them but I have to help clean and cook around the apartment. I had to tell my mom because she didn't know that I left work and left with my friends. I walked to the next street because my mom and them were next to eachother. My mom was glad that I was safe but when I told her about me staying and hooking up with someone she asked hesitantly what color. I said black and she threw a fit. She told me that all they want from me is sex, and me being white that i'll be just a slave to them. That they will do nothing and that i'll do everything and I wont get appreciated for it. I wished that I had believed her then. I stormed out of the house and my bf was at the end of the driveway waiting for me. I cried in his arms and he just held me in his arms til we got back to the apartment. When we got back to the apartment, his sister was rolling some joints for each of us, she each gave us one and we started smoking in her room while her mom was watching the kids in her room with the door closed.     It was going good living with them until my bf started to leave the apartment and come back late stoned, and drunk of his ass. I was pissed because he told me that I couldn't go nowhere but he could. I started to realize what mom was trying to say. That he would become obsessive and controlling. One day when I was just walking, trying to clear my head, I met my friends from my old school. We went to my friends house and started to get drunk, and high as a kite. I hadn't had that much fun in a long time with just my friends since I met my bf. When it was time to go back, they walked back with me. On the way back to the apartment, I saw my bf looking at me wondering where the hell I was at. I was right. I just ignored him and started to just go to my mom's house. Well I didn't make it. All of a sudden He grabbed my hair and yanked me to the ground. He started to yell at me saying where I was and who are the people I was with. My friends were trying to get him off of me but I told them to just go because  I didn't want them to get hurt by him. He dragged me by the hair until we were at the apartments. He was still yelling at me. He acussed me of cheating on him and I was just furious. I got up and slapped him. He grabbed me by the neck and slammed me against the wall. All of  a sudden the cops were called. Thank god. The neighbors called because of the noise. I know. When the cops pulled up he was still holding my neck against the wall. The cops came up behind him and tackled him to the ground. Another cop came up to me and asked me if I was alright. I pushed him away cause I was scared and I ran to my bf and was yelling at him and asking him why he was doing this to me. A cop pushed me to the ground and handcuffed me and said that I'm going to jail for interferring with an arrest and I was resisting. That was the first time I got arrested in my life. I was never like this. I never did drugs or drink like I was doing then.