Chapter One

“As I walked to school I ruffled up my completely flat hair, only mums could get my hair to stay that flat , and my mum over-loaded it with gel to make sure her careful craft wouldn’t get mussed even by a tornado. I pulled my shirt out of my trousers and stuck my iPod in but kept the music off in an attempt to block out the world. I could tell I was over reacting “it’s just a new school, it’s just a new school” I repeated to myself.

“New kid?” came a voice from the shadows. I jumped doing a 180° turn and just stared.

 “I guess that’s a yes”

 I stared.

 “Umm, my names Essandora”

 I stared.

 “Are you going to do anything but stare?”

 “Eventually”

She was the most beautiful girl i've ever seen, she looked around seventeen, with hair, black as sin cascading down her shoulders resting at her waist, she was tall with pale skin and deep red lips, curled up in a smile. She was dressed in black denim shorts and knee high rainbow socks, her top was black with a bright yellow smiley face and 'i hate you' written in small print underneath, over that she had a leather jacket.

 “Err" I said probably wowing her with my vocal dexterity. She cocked her head to the side as if listening to something, then said, “the bell just went, you don’t want to be late on your first day.” I looked behind me to see if anyone could have told her but no one was there, and as I turned back I realised I was alone. I put my head down and hurried to school.