Chapter 4

“What are you doing here?” Archie yelled, pointing at someone behind me.

I turned around, and was shock to see the guy from yesterday, smirking at me.

I scoff.

Physically I’m annoyed, but emotionally? I feel happy at the same time angry.

Happy because, I really don’t know. Angry because this is the guy who disrespect me in front of my brothers, and he’s trespassing.

“Your trespassing,” Aaron said, like his reading my mind, pointing a finger at Samuel.

Samuel just rolled his eyes, walking towards Mrs. Harrington, “Hi mom, sorry I’m late, I ran into someone.”
Mom?

“Mom?” My brothers ask, looking at them with their jaws slightly hanging open.

“I’m Samuel Lee Harrington,” Samuel said, putting a hand out for dad to shake, ignoring my brothers’ question.

“Harrington,” I muttered.

“Glad you could make it Samuel, and you must already know the quads and Bella.” Mom said, after Samuel kissed her cheek.

“Of course, we have the same classes.”

Same classes?

I haven’t seen him in any of my classes yesterday it earlier today, or maybe because he seats at the back, while I seat in the middle of each class I have.

“Smart boy I see. Since all of my kids only take AP classes, and in your school, all students in all AP classes needs to maintain a straight A.” Dad said, impressed of Samuel’s knowledge.

“Of course David, my boy is a good student. He puts his studies first before other activities, except basketball, he’s the school’s basketball captain.” Mr. Harrington said.
I raised an eyebrow at Samuel, but of course he can’t see me, but still.
Captain of the school’s basketball team?

To be completely honest? I may like this guy, since I have a thing for guys who plays and watches basketball, I mean come on, there’s just something with men playing the sport.

***

Once dinner finished, mom told us to go to the backyard, while the adults, including her, will talk in the living room.

“Bella heads up,”  Aaron said, passing me a basketball ball.

I catch the ball.

While dribbling, I removed my shoes, my brothers doing the same, but then someone stole the ball from me.

I look up to see Samuel, dribbling the ball while running towards the other side of the court.

While running, I fixed my cap, making sure that my lips is the only thing they can see, before I easily stole the ball from Sam. As I dribble the ball, Sam tried to steal it from me, but I just dodge him and ran toward the other side of the court, standing at the 3 point line, I positioned myself to shoot the ball.

But of course someone stole the ball from me, and of course it has to be Samuel, he began running towards the other side of the court, again.

This man.

***

“How did you beat me?” Sam asked,  as he walked towards me, with nothing on except his jeans.

Yes he’s topples, and the bur I’m receiving is a 6 pack abs, feel V-line and- why am I talking about his upper body?

“I play basketball, of course I know how to play.” I said, fixing my cap again as we entered the house.

“Well Montez, as you may have heard from the conversation earlier, I’m the school’s basketball team captain, I have never lost a 1 on 1 game.” He said.

“Look dude first if all don’t call me Montez. Second, why is this such a big deal? Third, do you really think I care about that little title of yours being undefeated in 1 on 1 matches?” I asked, staring at him.

“First of all, I can call you whatever I want. Second, it’s a big deal because third, I’m one if the best players out there and u don’t expect someone like you to beat me in the only sport that I’m good at.” He said.

That’s when I realized how close we are, that I can feel his breath on my face

“Bella.”

I took a step back from Sam then look at Archie, who is looking at Sam with a hateful glare.

If looks could kill.

Sam doesn’t move an inch from his position, as he kept on staring at me, ignoring Archie’s glare.

“The Harrington’s are leaving, mom wants you there with them.” Archie said, finally looking at me.

I nod, as I leave the kitchen and entered the living room, Sam following me.

“It was great meeting your family, and a wonderful thing that I finally met my future daughter-in-law.” Mrs. Harrington said, as she shake hands with my mother.

“So am I, I’m glad I met Samuel today, the whole family is.” Mom said.

“I think the transaction is doing great, in 2 weeks time a new model will be released.” Dad told Mr. Harrington.
“Great, and I’m expecting a good deal between the 2 of us, and that you can do your part of the deal.”

“Of course Karl, I’ll see you tomorrow at the office.”

Sam then leaned down and gave me a peck on the cheek, “I’ll be picking you up by tomorrow, I’ll see you then.”

I was about to slap him, when I notice the 4 adults are watching us silently.
Sam raised an eyebrow, silently challenging me.

I leaned forward and kissed his cheek, but before I pull away, I whispered in his ear, “Pick me up and you’ll have the worst car ride of your life.”