Part 10: A token to remember

Now a soft kiss- Aye, by that kiss, I vow an endless bliss!

-John Keats

He forgot why he had married her in the first place. Trampled on his own vow to be never lured by another woman ever again, he stepped into the water, dissolving every ounce of self control in its sweet cool currents.

"Wha-why are you coming here?"she took a step back.

"Are you afraid of that? "Chandra asked depicting two unblinking eyes over the water in the golden light of the fire.

"Oh God! "She squealed unable to decide which way to go. For if she stayed here a little longer she was sure, she was going to loose a limb or two and if she dashes for the land then the consequence is going to be far more humiliating than any other tragedy could cause.
He would see her unclothed! And that thought was enough to keep her pinned at her place and watched as the animal's long spiny tail moved and it maneuvered towards her.

"Hushh..."he indicated her to stay silent, an half smile spreading across his face.
Just at the mere prospect that she was completely bare under the water had his blood boil in a frenzy.

"That's not a crocodile....it's an alligator and doesn't feed on humans. "He silently chuckled. "But if you keep on making such loud noises, it might bite a few toes off your feet.
The dread and panic flashed across her large orbs as she saw  'it' coming closer.

"Oh God! It's comi-"her note of converse was suddenly lost or better said the words were torn away from her mouth when a pair of lips decided to descend upon hers and suckled so strongly that till the last end of her toe tingled with the sensation.
It was like a tide with bigger and bigger waves that crashed on the shore mercilessly and then descended back to where it belongs only to repeat once over again.
He was doing exactly the same thing to her, his lips touched, smooched, suckled and was then gone again before a he came back with a vigor all over again.  Unlike the water though...that she could swim and face, she wasn't able to stay firm now at the receiving end of such passion and affection.

Specially when it was the first time when a man, specifically her husband unleashed such desires and affection over her.

Although when he pulled away from her completely, the rough fingers that were until now grasping her face then went back to his side and he left without saying anything further only to wait behind the same bushes once again, she was left confused to her wits end. 'Why did he do it? Was it really the kind of affection that she had heard of, from her married friends and cousins that every woman receives from her husband? Or was much deeper with a nasty ploy underneath? '

'Alas!'like many a questions in her life that held no answers, this was one of them.
She came out of the water now that the alligator was gone.