[Chapter 9] White

[Ch 9] White

Lea's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

My eyes are glued shut and I can't get them undone. My eye muscles strain and my eyelashes seem to pop and crack as they creak open. I shut them so fast that it could've given me whiplash.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

A sterile white ceiling was above me, blindingly white walls surrounding me. The floor is no doubt white luminom. The machine beside me keeps my heart rate with annoying, steady beeps. I don't know what the other stuff does.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

My eyes are still closed but I hear as the door swifs open and one pair of feet walk in followed by another followed by another.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

The door swifs shut and the three pair of feet stand next to my bed. This bed is all white sheets and white metal and a white hospital dress and there is nothing else there.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

The voices whisper even though they think I am asleep.

“When will she be released?”

“Could be soon, a couple days. Could be later, a couple months. Hard to say until she wakes up.”

“When will she wake up?”

“Hard to tell. Could be today, could be tomorrow.”

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

The voices continue, but I ignore them. I imagine I am back home. I feign sleep. I pretend this is a dream. I pretend a lot of things.

You're good at pretending. Kind of like when you pretended that he loved you. Or when you somehow made-believe that you are normal.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

The voices ask: howwhywhenwherewhat​? crazy-daughter-lea-normal-medicine-ruin-yourfault-myfault-herfault-why-hospital-crazy-lea.

The voices stop. The equipment around me is moved around. Two pairs of feet leave the room. The second pair goes, not far behind.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

I fall unconciounce again. They must've drugged me. I don't fight it.

- - - - - - 

The door opens. One pair of feet walk in. Somebody sits next to me in a blue plastic chair. I don't know how I know the color since i'm asleep.

A sigh.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

Sleep is fighting with my mind again, and I want to let go and give in. My eyes stay closed.

“Lea...”

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

A tear silently slides down his cheek. He doesn't try to wipe it away. His head hangs low.

“Lea...” He starts again.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

More tears. These are angry. Angry and sad and confused and helpless. No sound.

He stands up and moves over to the window. The curtains are white.

I am asleep again. I think.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa.

A pair of feet moves towards the door and opens the door. I want to shout “no, wait!”

but

he

leaves,

again.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Shwa. 

I wasn't leaning my head up before, but I hit the white pillow and close my eyes again. My voice inst working today and I am      much t oo      ti re...d

sorry its been so long! haha summer can get quite busy! i now have a job at my towns public libarary XD its fun. i have a new obsession with Black Butler lol. and my birthdays in two weeks! Okay, the Jessica Update is over now ;) XOXO gossip girl- aka jess. wow now we know who it was. case closed! (I never got past season what 3? 4? whatever)