[Chapter 3] Unwanted Fiancées and Bedtime Stories

Lea's POV

"Hold still, Brady!" Kaylee yells as she wrapped her tiny arms around the waist of my my soon to be fiance.

Notice how I say my soon to be fiance. Brady and I have actually been engaged for a month now, but my mind just doesn't want to accept it.

Your mind can't accept the fact that you're getting married, yet you expect and want it to with your moms cancer?

It's not like I don't love him, I really do. If it were a different case, I would be head over heels in love with him. But I guess the love we share is love in more of a best friend way.

Please, Crazy-Lea. He could never love you that way. i doubt anyone could.

You see, long before all this wedding crap, Brady and I used to be the best of friends. We were like peanut butter and jelly, always together. Before the medication, before Crazy-Lea, we were never seperate. We were a we and an us. If someone invited Brady to a party, they knew they would get Lea at the same time.

When everything became messed up, when I was out of control, he tried to stick by me. He really did. Brady  would come over, same as always. Honestly, I think he was the first person to see my signs and was able to tell that something was wrong. 

Once, he snuck into my room in the middle of the night. This was before video cameras and alarms were installed on all the doors, and before the windows got locks on them, which is the only resason he got away with it. My parents wouldnt let him come over because earlier in the week I had been taken to about every doctor and theripist in the state. In the world, probably. 

No one would tell me exactly what happened. I am almost positive is had something to do with me becoming Crazy- Lea that night. Early that morning, Brady was taken to the hospital. They searched my room and found a knife under my mattress. I was afraid of the dark and the monsters and demons that came creeping out of my imagination every night and I needed something to protect me. 

After that, we couldnt see eachother for a longlonglong time. I started to become sad all the time. My mind was always confused. I wasnt used to the medicine yet. When I finally got in sync with everything, with life, Brady started coming around more. It felt like, at first, they gave him to me in little doses. They didnt want to trigger me.

Everything was okay. Brady and I went back to our old ways, PB&J sandwiches forever. We looked the same as before, even though a year had passed. There was only one difference in Brady: a new scar on his face that ran from the left corner of his nose to his ear. I thought he was still handsome. Now it's just a faint scar compared to at first. Faint, but still noticable. 

But all that close sandwhich friendship went to hell when we were forced to marry each other just so our parents comapny could flourish. Like father, Brady's father is a big man in the industries too. So, neither of us really feel for each other, we're just trying to make our parents happy. All the more now that I've found out about mum having cancer.

After that day I found out about mum getting diagnosed, I couldn't take it anymore. I went up to her and asked. I just could believe that she would do this to me. We had never been that close, but really? How could she not tell her daughter when her own life was in peril?

I got in heaps of trouble then, first because I opened an envelope addressed to her. Second, for blaming her for getting cancer. Its been almost three days since then and I haven't talked to her since. I may be a girl but I have an ego too. I was hurt.

You don't even really deserve for her to talk to you.

"My back is hurting, Kay. If I lift you one more time it might just break." Brady groans, making Kaylee giggle.

I smile lightly, sitting down on a floral patterned chair.

Brady Jones, with his blonde hair slicked to the side, and tucked in shirt under a black suit looks as refined as usual. Truthfully, he's a handsome man. But the circumstances are just not right for us to have feelings for each other. I could never, he could never, we could never actually and that was that.