*Chapters 1-2* Surprises & Karma

Alright obviously people didn't like my previous stories so i'm going to try something new. Hopefully atleast 1 person will like it. Also this has not been edited at all!!! Oh and just let you know i suck at cliffhangers but I'll still try if you have any useful criticism let me know! :}

~*~*~

Marina's P.O.V.

Chapter 1: Surprises

I sat there in shock. I didn't hear what else the doctor was saying. What I did hear though was that I had cancer. Well to be specific I had stomach cancer and it had already spread to my liver. I only have about 8 to 9 months left to live.(A/N I don't really know anything about this type of cancer so sorry if there is any incorrect information.)

I hadn't been feeling well for a while. My shitty excuse for a father and his barbie girlfriend didn't want to take me for a check up at the hospital. When I started throwing up blood I decided it was time to see what the hell was wrong with me. So I asked my best friend Oliver Hansen to take me. Well I guess having cancer is better than get hit by barbie and "dad". Its not like anyone would miss me except for maybe Oliver.

Oliver's P.O.V.

No way, this can't be happening. My best friend ever can't die on me! Marina Zogan has been my best friend since kindergarten. I still remember how we met.

*Flashback*

A soccer ball came rolling towards me. I grabbed the ball and was about to go play with when 2 long, tan, skinny arms snatched the soccer ball from my hands. I turned to glare at the girl in front of me she was definitely taller than me. She had long, curly, dark brown hair and caramel skin and was taller than me. But the most interesting thing about her was her eyes; one was an icy blue while the other was an emerald green. She glared right back at me and said,

"That's MY ball!"

"Well, it was by me so I picked it up. Finders keepers, losers weepers!" I shouted at her then stuck my tongue out at her. She raised her arm as if to take the ball back but then she punched me! I fell back onto my butt with a cry and she simply smiled saying

"You're right about one thing. Losers are weepers." She stuck out her tongue, picked up the ball and started running away.

She can't just punch me and run away! So I started chasing her we ran around trying to catch each other until recess was over. She turned to me and with a bright smile said,

"I'm Marina Zogan wanna' be my new friend?" I though about it then said,

"Okay! I'm Oliver Hansen." With that we linked arms and walked inside.

*Flashback Over*

I smiled at the memory. Me and Marina have been best friends ever since that day.

"What are you smiling so cheesily about?" asked Marina snapping me out of my thoughts and back to reality.

"Nothing, just remembering when we met." I said with with a chuckle. She let out a small laugh too but it sounded shaky.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine it's okay." She said. Though it seemed like she was reassuring herself more than me. I started walking out of the doctor's office and towards my car a Dodge Viper. Marina walked out behind and got into the passenger seat. I hadn't seen Marina like this since the time her mom died.

Marina had always been a cheerful, tough, and brave person. She was also a badass at school, but right now she looked sad and vulnerable. She looked so upset so I decided to cheer her by taking her to her favorite place ever.

Marina's P. O. V.

Oliver was heading in the opposite direction of my house.

"Where are we going?" I asked Oliver.

"You'll see." he said mysteriously. I sighed in frustration. I hated surprises and Oliver knew that. Plus I'd already had enough surprises for the day. Oliver pulled up next to the public baseball fields. I smiled to myself. Oliver knew me well, I always liked to hit a few balls when I was upset. Oliver and I were the only ones there except for two guys playing with a football. We rented a baseball and a baseball bat from the recreation area (A/N i think that's what its called you know the place where you can buy food and rent stuff from... right? idk if I'm wrong lemme know what it's actually called) since neither of us had brought them. We paid then headed out to the baseball diamond. I decided to bat first. I watched Oliver pitch the ball. It came towards me in an arch. Just before it went past me I swung my bat out and made contact with the ball. It flew right past Oliver's face. In a weird twisted way that's how my life was. Pretty much everything good went right past me. For example take my mom she died when I was seven. Then my dad found Barbie and knocked her up and my dad went from being sweet and caring to mean and abusive. Now my life is being taken from me. The only good thing about my life is Oliver hopefully he'll never have to go. Just thinking about my stupid life made me pissed. Gosh, if my life had a face I would punch it! (A/N. hehe quote from scott pilgrim vs. the world I just had to add it in after I heard that! ;) AARGH!!! The next ball Oliver pitched me I hit with all my power. I got to hear the satisfying crack as the ball hit the sweet spot on the bat and soared through the air. It went over the fence and hit the guy closest to use in the back of the head hard... really hard.

Chapter 2: Karma

Mystery Dudes POV

I felt something hit the back of my head. I didn't feel anything at first, then all of a sudden the pain slammed into me like a truck. Right before every thing went black I heard Avery say " Holy mother freaking guacamole! A girl hit that!"

Marina's POV

Oh. My. God. I knocked him out! I knocked that guy out! I stood the frozen in place for a second until I saw Oliver starting to jog over to the guy. I ran as fast as I could to the guy and I started shouting like my life depended on it

" OH MY GOSH I AM SO SO SO SORRY! I REALLY DIDN'T MEAN TO KNOCK HIM OUT, I SWEAR!" Then I froze when I saw who I had knocked out. I felt a smile tugging at the corner of my lips. I was so glad that out all the people it could've hit it hit him hehe. Karma, my dear friend, is a total and complete bitch!

~*~*~

Okay so that was my first real attempt at a story. I guess the others were a real bore so yea.... and I know its kinda short but when I first typed it up it seemed so much longer. Also I wanted to leave ya with a cliffy! ;} Yes I know my cliffhanger sucks I'm not very good at them but I still try and practice makes perfect...right? Thanks fur readin! comment?! vote?! fan????!!!

~Knightgrl997 signin out! hehe!