Chapter 1: Meet Harry

• Dedicated to Harry Styles

***JUST A QUICK REMINDER TO VOTE/COMMENT/FAN ME PLEASE***

Chapter 1: Lydia

Looking across the frozen pond, I'm reminded of all the problems that I still have to face. My mother was coming back tonight sometime, or was it tomorrow morning? I needed to know why my tail shifted when I touched water one second, but kept the legs the next.

"Hey," a smooth voice says from the right of me.

I look at them, the person in the same sports chair as me, starring at me with a slight frown on their face. Their green eyes were bright with emotion and their cheeks were pink from the cold.

"Hi, Harry." I smile at him.

"What's wrong?" His frown grows.

I sigh, looking down at me lap. Harry squeezes the hand he was holding gently and tugs me a bit. I look back at him to see his frown still their. He forces a wide grin on his face causing me to laugh a bit at his sillyness.

A true smile forms on his lips and I feel my heart swell. This moment couldn't be more perfect, more full of pure happiness.

"I'm worried about my mom." I tell him finally, breathing out a sigh of frustration.

"What about her?" He inquires as he lifts an eyebrow.

"She's coming back...she doesn't know about anything."

"Anything?" He leans in closer to me, confusion filled his features.

"My dad is here, I know who he is...I know about everything that happened in the past." At least I think so...

"So?" He shakes his head. "It's not like you wouldn't have found out one way or another." He shrugs his shoulders.

"I know, but at the same time I don't want to hurt her." I tell him sincerily.

Ooh, bad move Lydia.

"Hurt her?" Harry growls. Rage now replaces confusion and it only worried me. "Hurt her? You don't want to hurt her?"

"Harry, I know that-" I try.

"Lydia, I don't think you understand. Your mother did things a mother should never do." Harry's cheeks were growing redder by the second.

"She was only protecting me." I explain qucikly.

"Was she only protecting you when she hit you?"

Silence grew around us and I didn't know what to say. Harry was right, though I wouldn't ever admit that to him. I knew what he was like when he got his way, most of the time he dealt with it well but that small portion of the time he ran with his ego.

"She wanted to make me strong and obedient."

"Psh, bullshit." He mutters, shaking his head at the pond.

"Can we not talk about this right now? This is the first time in months that I've seen you and I don't want to talk about my mother with you."

"If not now, but when?" He asks.

"Never is always an option." I reply sarcastically.

"Lydia." His voice grows annoyed.

"Yes, my love?" I smile at him, though its partially forced.

Harry sighs. I knew calling him that would calm him down, it did when we were back in LA.

"Nothing, nevermind." He shakes his head at me in defeat, knowing that I did that intentionally.