Rain of Sorrows

Rain of Sorrows

When I got home, I felt a bit guilty for not being able to fix Nina. Not as much as Ed and Al but still, alchemy can be sick and twisted. When I laid down on my bed, my phone started ringing. I groaned walking back over to my phone and picking it up. “Hello?” I asked sleepily.

“Hello Annika. How was your daaayyy?” I heard someone asked creepily on the other end. “It was depressing. Do you want me to go on Bailey?” I sighed leaning against the wall. “How the hell did you know it was me?!” She gasped. “Who else would call me at a time like this and say something like that?” I inquired yawning a bit.

She started to say something then closed her mouth. “Yeah that’s right. So how was your daaayyy?” I asked mocking her slightly. She laughed at me before answering, “Well I sat in my room drew, drew some more, and ate food.” “Typical.” I stated changing ears.

“So why was your day depressing?” She questioned in a cautious tone. “This little girl me and the Elrics have been hanging out with got turned into a chimera by her father so he could keep his State certification.” I told her with a sigh. “Oh…Did you make him suffer?” She asked quietly.

“Oh hell yeah. Edward had already punched the father into a bleeding mess when I finally got a shot at him. I believe I crushed most of his fingers and his soul was in bad shape after wrestling with mine.” I told her with a smirk. “Good girl.” She told me patting the phone.

“Thanks. I’ll call you tomorrow, maybe. If I can’t you know when to call me.” I yawned closing the conversation. “Ok, see ya later sexy lady.” She said. I hung up the phone and walked back over to my bed. “Please let tomorrow be a slow day.” I mumbled to myself. I laid back down on my bed and started to swirl in my thoughts. I slowly drifted to sleep.

                                                        ~The next morning~

When I woke up it was almost five o’clock, and hour earlier than when I need to go in. I dragged myself out of bed and started putting on my uniform. When I got there, I was called to Roy’s office. “You called for me sir?” I said entering his office. “Yes. I would like to update you on the Tucker case.” He told me making me tense slightly.

“Tucker and his daughter have been murdered.” He stated. “How and by who?” I asked automatically. “They died due to their brains boiling inside their skulls. We don’t know who the murder is.” I told me coolly. “Are we planning on telling the Elrics?” I questioned. “If they ask just tell them what I told you. Don’t let them go to the crime scene Major.” He told me sternly. “Yes, sir. Is that all you need?” I sighed setting a hand on my hip.

“No, there is a killer on the loose that is targeting State Alchemists. When you see the Elrics I want you to stick around with them. I’m sure you could hold off Scar’s attacks but Fullmetal and his brother…not so much.” He told me with a smirk. I stood there for a second before sighing, “You really took my joke too serious Colonel. Just tell when to stop following them around.” I waved as I left his room.

“Lieutenant Hawkeye.” I called getting her attention. “Oh hello Annika, what are you doing here so early?” She asked giving me a small smile. “I couldn’t sleep, are you going to the Tucker scene later?” I asked quickly. “Yes but I’m not sure-” She started before I cut her off, “Hawkeye I can handle this. I’ve seen my fair share of horrible things. Ed got attached to her, not me.” I stated gritting my teeth slightly. She sighed before rubbing my head, “You’ve grown up a lot sense joining the Military. Alright I’ll let you come, but if we see the Elrics you have to go with them.” I groaned in response. “Let’s hope I don’t see them.” I joked following her the rest of the day until it was time to leave.