Chapter4

"Finally, you're all here- your seating plan is on the board. This how you'll be sat all year in every single lesson, whether you like it or not!" She shouted, clapping her hands twice to get our attention. I scanned the board quickly for my name-

Thomas( Sophomore) - Dolly(freshman) - first row, first desk

Dillon(senior) - Chloe(junior) - middle row , first desk

Jack( sophomore) - Jessica (freshman)- back row, first desk

Even worse... a boy who is in a year group older than me...

As I approached my desk, I saw a boy sat there already, staring blankly outside the the window. Quietly, I took my place beside him. This time, I planned to make a friendly introduction.

" Hi, my name is Jess. It's nice to meet you!" I said, smiling.

"Just... leave me alone. This is literally one of the only lessons that I actually try to enjoy." He snapped, now glaring at the table.

"O-okay..." I said, taken back. Once everyone had settled down, the teacher set us a task- play any instrument in the room as a pair. In my head I was screaming 'I don't wanna work with this jerk' but on the outside... I took a deep breath and followed him towards the keyboards. Immediately, my poor head started to spin as I took one glance at the keys... I didn't know how to use a keyboard  at all... Fortunately, nobody else payed attention to the type of instrument that we had chosen so Jack and I got a keyboard each. Five long, treacherous minutes later, I placed my face into my hands and started shedding tears... silently. 

I was shook as I felt someone's icy breath on my neck as their hands directed mine across the keyboard, playing a simple but, beautiful tune. Whoever was guiding me didn't even flinch when I accidentally pressed the wrong key. 

"You'll get the hang of it someday..." they whispered, drawing away and heading back to wherever they came from. I peered over my shoulder to uncover that my saviour was the one and only... Jack. I sighed disappointingly as I turned back and faced the complicated black-and-white monster... Boy this class was going to be long.

             ~~~~~~~~~Sometime Later~~~~~~~~~

As soon as the bell rang, I was out of there and eager to get to Lunch.