Prologue

"Let me go already! I told you what you wanted to know!" Alexia screamed and struggled to free herself from the mess of old rope, dark purple duct tape, and rusty chains that kept her to the chair. The boy across from her smiled, he was also tied up in the same materials, almost in an identical pattern, but he didn't seem to care, he was too busy smiling madly.

       "How could I," his voice was smooth, calm, and almost charming, except for the fact it was dripping with lunacy, "I'm wrapped in the protection with you." He laughed crazily and his chair shook with his laughter, his mouth seemed to stretch from one side of his face to another. He was disturbing to say the least.

      "Protection! From what?" Alexia was trying to move the chair, but it too seemed unable to move. The room was dark, lit only by five candles one in each corner and the final one in the center, then there was a window behind him. 

      "From whom, you mean." His smile stretched to inhuman lengths, Alexia shut her eyes, then reopened them to see his smile a normal length, yet still disturbing. She then tried to move her hands with no success whatsoever. Her struggle had gotten some of her long red hair in her face, she didn't mind, what was in front of her was too important.

      "Then who?" Alexia's voice was loud and she was becoming more disturbed and worried each second , she had given up on moving. She just sat there and stared into the eyes of a madman, and the blank walls of their prison. The window caught her eye, it was almost sunset. It's view would be beautiful, a grassy plain leading up to a dark forest, if it wasn't so ominous. 

       "He goes by many names, but you will find out soon enough."  He was still grinning, he had never failed to keep the insanity on his face. His brown hair was as dark as his black suit and tie, and his eyes the same shade as the hair. He looked almost like a proper 16 year old boy, except for this "protection" that wrapped around both of them and his deranged expression he wore.

        "Who are you, why am I here, how did I get here?" Alexia growled. She quit looking into his eyes and focused on the rest of the room. It was a bedroom, a simple bedroom, it was her old bedroom. Thoughts crossed into Alexia's mind,  she thought of the incident that had happened to her two years before, Her father, what he had done, the terrible pain, sorrow, and humiliation. It was too painful to think of so she went back to the inhuman delirium of the eyes.

        "How you got here, that is quite a fascinating story! Seeing as he won't be here for a while, I suppose I can share," He tilted his head over to the side and moved his eyes to a clock, Alexia followed them to see 5:09 on the digital clock, It had been only noon before she had fainted, "oh yes we'll have plenty of time!" He turned his insanity back to her face, and smiled. She began feeling dizzy, and her vision began to blur. Shadows feel across the room, his face was the last thing she saw, she stared into it, trying to hold on to reality, but even then his features disappeared, to reveal a frighteningly familiar face.