Finding Someone (The sequel to My Best Friend)

CHAPTER 1

AN: Well hello lovely people! I'm back with the sequel to My Best Friend, which is almost at 2,000 reads so I'm really excited! I hope you like the sequel just as much as the original! This chapter is dedicated to 1D_NiallNation because she was so nice and agreed to make a cover for this book!  

Claire’s POV

            “Harry hurry it up! We don’t have all day!” I yelled up the stairs of his and Louis’s flat. I heard shuffling and knew Harry was finally ready. It never failed to amaze me that Harry takes the longest to pack. I mean really, what to guys have to pack? Right, just basics like jeans and t-shirts when I have to pack a whole heck of a lot more. And into a smaller suitcase than his too. Harry’s finally made it down the stairs and I just shake my head.

We should have left for the airport 20 minutes ago. Now, you’re probably confused about why we’re going to the airport. Well let me explain. You see, the boys and I had been back in London for a few months now, resting from our tours. And yes, Niall and I both ended up moving to London since it was easier for recording and meetings and all that. That was about three months ago. I still remember that day really well. Simon insisted on getting us a top of line real estate agent who ended up showing me and Niall the perfect flat. Yes, we live together, but don’t get any ideas you dirty people. Niall’s tried a couple of times if you know what I mean, but I refused. My excuse, I was too innocent. Finally Niall gave up and accepted my “innocence.” Also, the flat was in the same building as the other lads and Kari. Yep, she moved to London too since she “works” for me. It’s called work, but it’s really more play.

Then shortly after that the song the boys recorded was dominating the charts in the UK along with their debut album. As for me and Kari, we were still writing songs. I mean we have all the time in the world so might as well make it good. Following their album success the American group Big Time Rush asked them if they wanted to open for them on their tour. The boys agreed of course, leaving just me and Kari until in London until about four days ago. As soon as the boys got home Simon said they were going on a World Tour with yours truly. So that’s what’s happened and as you can probably tell were going to the airport to start the tour in Paris. Apparently since we were going to be in “the city of love” for a few days I hoped Niall was planning a special date for us. I could only hope we would go to the Eiffel Tower.

            “Claire! Earth to Claire,” an Irish accent said in front of me.

            “What?” I said snapping out of my memories.

            “If you want to say goodbye to Kari you should do it now,” he suggested. Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that Kari wasn’t flying out with us. Her grandmother recently passed away and the funeral was tomorrow in Ireland. She was taking a plane later today and would meet us in Paris for the third and last show. I nodded and ran down the hall. I walked right in and went straight to Kari’s bedroom where she was packing.

            “Hey!” I said startling her.

            “Oh hey Claire. You scared me!”

            “Well that’s what you get for leaving the door unlocked.”

            “You still could have knocked.”

            “Sorry. Anyway, the boys and I are heading out. See you in a couple days,” I said embracing her in a bear hug. She hugged me back and then I ran back to Harry and Louis’s where I had put my luggage. The boys were waiting so I gathered my things quickly and nodded, signaling that I was ready. We walked down the hallway and piled into the lift which was full of people. We all tried to fit, but with luggage only Niall and I made it in. We stood there awkwardly until we heard the ding and the door opened, revealing the lobby. We hurried out to the waiting car and threw our stuff in the trunk. We climbed in the back seats where Paul greeted us. Paul was pretty awesome. He was One Direction’s main security guard.