Chapter 4 - Things Get Complicated

CHAPTER 4 – THINGS GET COMPLICATED

AN: Hey everyone! So here's the update I promised! I don't have much to say, so yeah! Enjoy!

Zayn’s POV

            As me and Kari walked down to the café I could tell we were going to be good friends. We seemed like total opposites, but we still clicked. To be honest I didn’t like her that way. We were just friends. I did want to make sure Kari was on the same page though.

            “Hey Kari, we’re just friends right?”

            “Of course Zayn. You’re a nice guy, but I don’t like you like that. You’re more like a brother.”

            “That’s good because you seem like my sister,” I said and we both laughed. By now we had entered the café and gone over to the table where the lads and Claire were sitting. Claire looked confused and angry, Harry was down right furious, and Niall seemed concerned along with everyone else.

            “Did we miss something?” Kari asked sitting down. I was still standing so I made my way over to the only empty chair next to Harry. He pulled it away from me.

            “Cheaters can go sit over there,” he said pointing at an empty table. I was confused at first, but then I remembered he had been eavesdropping.

            “At least I wasn’t eavesdropping,” I said pulling the chair away from him. By now everyone at the table was focused on our conversation.

            “I’d rather eavesdrop than cheat.”

            “Well, I wasn’t cheating.”

            “Yes you were! That was your ex Jamie!”

            “You’re right. It was Jamie. She tracked me down because she wanted to get back together with me, but we worked it out and she left.”

            “Then why’d you hug her and kiss her on the cheek?”

            “I was just being nice! Can’t a person be nice Harry?”

            “Yeah, but it seems suspicious.”

            “Oh for God’s sake! He didn’t cheat on what’s her face!” Kari exclaimed.

            “Thank you,” I said slumping back in my chair.

            “How would you know?” Harry asked.

            “I think you know Mr. I Can Eavesdrop All I Want and Manipulate Things I Hear,” Kari answered. Everyone laughed, but Harry.

            “But you were talking to Zayn about something else.”

            “Yeah, but if you would have stayed longer you would know Zayn didn’t cheat,” Kari explained. Harry didn’t answer. Kari, Harry, and I all knew what was wrong.

            “Harry, Zayn, come with me,” she said dragging us out of the café. We got outside and sat down on a bench.

            “Harry, I think you’re more upset about the fact that I said I didn’t like you than the fact you thought Zayn cheated,” she said more calmly. He hesitantly nodded.

            “This is why you don’t eavesdrop on people Harry. You heard me say it out of context.”

            “But how did you mean it?” he asked.