Chapter 4: Roommates

Chapter 4; Start . . .

(Vincent)

After finishing our teams first official meeting, Professor Rhodes reminded Rochelle to take us to our rooms.

Even though she didn't forget the order the first time, she didn't complain about the reminder and hurriedly took us to our rooms on cue.

After leaving Michael and Avery in one side of the hall, Rochelle placed Shui and Shirisha on the same side, only across from the guys room.

"Here we are." Rochelle notioned towards Leilani. "This is your room."

"Wait a minute, she gets her own room?" I heard myself ask out loud before I could catch myself.

"That's right, Professor Rhodes made it clear to me that Leilani is to receive her own room since she is going to be our team's Ace and Captain."

"I see." I agreed bitterly.

"Here is your room." She tried to change the topic quickly.

"Hope you two have a wonderful stay." She smiled with a wide grin as if she hadn't heard my question.

"We will." Chiharu answered for the both of us.

After shutting the door, she quickly turned around and gave me a life-threatening glare.

"What was that!?" She yelled.

"What do you mean?" I talked calmly.

"That reaction of yours, you've never gone that far before, why now?" She stated in a questioning manner.

Sigh, "I did it for both our sakes." I said as I crossed my arms. "In their eyes, we are fresh meat. If I didn't show that at least one of us is serious, than we both would get stepped on by them."

After my explanation she quieted down and bit her lower lip, a sign that means Chiharu is deep in thought.

"Yeah, you are right Vince." She relented with a sigh. "We need to prove that we belong." She added with a push of her glasses.

"So what would you like to do?" I asked.

"First of all, I'd like to take a shower and rid myself of this cold sweat that has taken me since we arrived." She mentioned as she wiped a handful of sweat from her forehead.

After handing Chiharu her towel, she tugged the cuff of my shirt.

"Care to join me Vince?" She added casually.

"Why not?" I answered as I pulled out my towel and closed the door behind me.

* * *

After we finished our showers, Chiharu and I decided it be best to start organizing our belongings throughout the room.

As we analyzed the room, we determined it was the exact same length and size on our respective areas and soon began unpacking our clothes, souvenirs from home, and our shared chess set onto the table by the window.

About an hour or so later, we finished our organizing and agreed that it be best to wear clothing instead of our towels before leaving our shared room.

"Hm, am I small Vince?" She questioned me as she turned around to show her exposed breasts.

"I think they are perfectly fine Chi, why do you ask?" I answer with a confused look on my face.

"Well, I feel that I'm out matched by many of the others." She admitted as she placed her hands over her breasts.

I walked over to her with a smile on my face. "You shouldn't worry about trivial things like that Chiharu." I reassured her.

"I just feel like the little girl next door Vince, and that isn't a good feeling. " She stated in a saddened tone while covering herself in her self induced shame.

"Well, you shouldn't feel inferior around other women when you know that I'm always going to be here for you. You'll never be alone while I'm around Chi." I reassured her as I lifted her face to look straight into mine.

"Vince . . ." She relented before a knock on our door brought us back to the present.

"Hey, Rochelle is calling for all of us to meet at the lounge!" Yelled a the voice of a woman that sounded like Shui.

"Thanks for letting us know!" I yelled back.

Caressing her left cheek, "We should get dressed before they decide to break in here."

"Yeah, we should."

"So let's hurry." I smiled towards her.

Chapter 4; End . . .