Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

Raxcus is a lowly demon spirit that will never harm you, while you remain awake. For he is the youngest of us all, but with each passing day his strength builds and the dreams he invade become a torrent of horrific fears. As you lie in a deep slumber he seeps from his place of hiding and like a vale of congealed poison crawls over your body enveloping you in its darkened spirit. For a moment he will watch you as you dream, he will even let you see his devilish face and just allow your mind to turn on itself as a poisonous evil replaces your dreams.

Soon you will stand in a place you fear most and be with the beings that scare you. Each fear will chase you with an unrelenting lust for flesh. Raxcus uses these nightmares to build his thirst and when he begins to quake with anticipation the nightmare ends. All the creature created by the mind disperse in a cloud on smoke allowing the night-terrors to claw against the victims heart.

Like a wolf hunting its prey its growls are heard but its form his never seen till its claws scratch at your scarred body. He will allow you to run away, he will let you see an escape only to take it from you as you draw near. His game will never end till the light of the morning sun shines brightly through the bedroom window.

His favourite place to play is said to a run down old hospital where he was said to have been born from the growing despair. Its darkened corridors with torn up floors will slow even the fastest of his victims, and the crudely board windows only allow enough of the moons light through to create shadows for him to hide within.

His game is simple, find the exit before his hunger become to great it overpowers him and you end up a mere empty shell lying on your bed. You run up the staircase in hopes of getting to the roof only to find yourself running through the doors of the surgery room. As you turn to leave a shadow over comes the glass windows of the doors and you retreat looking for another way out. By grace of god or sheer luck you find a crawls space hidden behind the some medical equipment and as you go down to your knees the demon slowly opens the surgery doors smelling the air.

Raxcus can smell your fear and hear the beat of your heart while you scurry quickly along the crawls space. He barges pass the medical equipment immediately going for the crawl spaces grabbing at your legs with its black and charred claws. Looking over your shoulder you see the demon forcing its way into the small crawls space but you make it out to the other room and push an old rusty file cabinet to the floor blocking the demons way out.

You don’t stay around to see whether the demon gets out or not, you just run out the room pass the surgery doors and back down the stairs. Quickly thinking of another way out you hear the demonic roar of Raxcus as he angrily bursts out the surgery smashing the doors and windows as he vigorously looks around the top floor hunting.

While listening to Raxcus grunting and groaning a room is found with many windows that are not boarded up. Painted on the ceiling is a picture of the hospital stretching from the balcony doors over to a grand fireplace made of polished marble. The room is bare apart from an old piano covered with a blanket of time gone by and as you approach it the floorboard beneath your foot breaks. Falling into the piano the groans of the demon go quiet, you jump to your feet with the balcony doors in your sight but stepping closer the ceiling begins to creak and crack as the demon beats against the floors above.

Soon it smashes through the floor and the painting above to stand so diligently like a cloud of smoke pooling with the collective fears buried in your mind. The sight of the demon in the light hits you strongly with your heart missing a beat as it sinks lower than your feet. It bounds towards you as you turn away to run for the balcony doors and the moment your hands grab the handles Raxcus pounces. He smashes through the glass doors and out over the balcony with you tightly held in his grasp .

Hitting the ground you jump up out of your quilt with the glare of the morning sun shining through the breaks of the bedroom curtains. Looking around regaining some stability you are glad it was all just a dream created by the mind. Raxcus recedes back into his darkened domain where he will search for his next victim to fall asleep.

Raxus plays a game in which has only two endings, one you have just experienced and one where you never escape the hospital. You would roam its corridors for a deathly game that will last an eternity with the beast taking many forms depicted by your fearful mind.

Goodnight, Sleep-tight and don’t let Raxcus bite.