Chapter Three - Unexpected Date

Lying down in my rayless room I tried to diminish the endless cycle of mournful thoughts that rummaged round my brain. Turning to the right to face my alarm clock on my nightstand it read 11:30pm. I rubbed my face viciously like sandpaper, sat up, let out one more sigh of relief then looked up to the roof. Praising God for all the blessings he had subscribed to me but wishing he would make the struggles easier.

Gazing at the plain old roof above my head once more I captured the air around me and exhaled it once more. Doing so again and again till my eyes shut from exhaustion.

He'd helped me much more than he knew of and I was beholden to him. It didn't stop me from thinking of the two lives which were had gone that day though, it helped ease the pain much more than words could say.

Shooting myself of my bed I decided to text Rico just to say thank you for what he had done. Though it wasn't much it was enough.

The solid light beamed into my eyelids piercing them shut till they became used to the sharp blaze of light. I open them once more to see a message from Rico reading

"Hope you're okay."

My eyes peeled open once more as I set about replying to his message. His solicitousness uplifted my soul again. To be fair, anyone's companionship would do me good!

An hour had now passed and our conversation was still alive. We had so much to talk about: where we came from, what we do and what we believe in. Our differences were very clear but it made our talking points greater allowing us to greater our knowledge.

I glanced at my alarm clock once more which now read 12:35am though my mind had no intention of slumbering. I continued to ask him questions which captivated me and he did the same.

I apologised to him for making such a bonehead of myself by crying in front of a stranger. To my surprise he agreed that I did in fact look like an idiot. On that note I was ready to end our conversation.

As I began to compose my message of goodbye he dropped another one to me.

"Would you like to go to dinner with me tonight after work? To the Morito @ 6ish? No crying though ;)"

My heart rose to high spirits when I read the message. A tingling feeling pumped through my veins pumping into my blood, gushing through my body forcing me to break out into a smile. Not because I had been asked out but, because I was actually doing something with my life. My grin imaged one of a child on her birthday receiving gifts which made her happy. This was my gift. I could do something normal for once rather than inspecting death day in day out.

I quickly agreed to his request and perused to go back to sleep, happily.

The day fleeted by without notice and before I knew it, it was time to go home. Usually I'd sit at home till the sun wasted away but not today! I couldn't wait to go home and dress up, paint my nails, do my hair and makeup. Something normal for once. Get wined and dined without the wine of course.

Arriving home I realised how hot the day was and how I never noticed the heat that forced me to sweat. The day brought with it no hardships relieving me of any pain granting me with euphoria.

Struggling to choose which outfit I should wear I decided to go for a figure hugging midnight blue dress. Blue silk flowing down till it hit my knees. It was the most beautiful dress I owned, given to me by my mother before I arrived here.

I painted my nails to match my dress and let my straight hair down revealing a smooth silky shine. I felt much more ladylike than any other day.

As the clock hit five-thirty pm I decided to set off to the prestigious restaurant where this new found stranger was going to take me. Debating in my mind whether I should arrive a little late or early so I didn't look to desperate, I decided for the latter.

If you enjoyed this chapter please feel free to vote & comment. All opinions are welcome and help me immensely. Thank you.