1< Through the eyes of a blind person.

ANPOS: Through a blind person's eye

Before I start I would just like to make it clear that this is in no way supposed to offend anyone. Ok?

And I would like to say thanks to Secret_Charm for the title of this chapter.

Thanks for reading! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Through a blind person's eye."

I knew this was going to be hard- there was so much I could talk about.

So to help me get a brief understanding of what I was writing about, I decided to go 'undercover.' ;)

My first blindfolded task was pouring milk; I had to dip my finger into my drink to know when to stop, and my sensitivity was so bad because of the coldness (I know lame excuse) that I ended up only filling up 1 quarter of the glass which I didn't drink anyway

This didn't go well and my sisters thought every mistake (Aka mess) was all really funny- but in my defence I'm sure I can say that I am use to depending on my sight and if it was suddenly taken away from someone- I'm sure they would find anything hard to do as well.

I can't say it would be easier for someone that hasn't had sight for a while- because I don't know and can't base my answers on my own experience.

So, I was told to look from a perspective of a blind person which is hard since I can't hardly imagine what it would be like for them- I can assume and guess but that's hardly fact.

So, the following is all in my own opinion.

Blind people from birth- Why wouldn't there lives seem nearly normal to them?

If it were me, I would act as if it was my everyday life, because, well, it would be, so it wouldn't seem difficult for me because I wouldn't know a different way.

Kind of similar to gene-related diseases.

Some people have it- and if I was one I would see it in a way that there are a handful of people who are like me- unlucky and then the rest aren't.

But it's not unlucky. It's life- everyone has something in their life that's difficult to overcome, and in the end they just have to accept it because it's one of the things that makes them different and makes them the person they are.

For example. If I was blind since birth I'd see it as- 'Instead of five senses I only have four.'

And I would complain sometimes when things got tough because that's who I am as a person, but it won't do anything and eventually life would be life to me.

Because I wouldn't know a different way.

Would you ask a deaf person (or write it down/hand signal) if they think being deaf limits them to certain things?

I wouldn't. Sure they could base their answer on other people but for me I would just respond with life is life. It's just that some people can 'hear' and I could not.

Thats the same to me as asking a blind person if they think being sightless their whole life is a disadvantage.

I would reply something like. "What do you mean? What's so good about seeing?"

*Im getting a bit of track sorry wait its my story never-mind.

But if it hasn't been a whole life thing I guess it really depends on the individual's own experiences and environment.

To help me get thinking from a blind person's point of view I got a blindfold to try to get as close to a blind person's perspective as possible this, of course, did not work.

When I asked my sisters to walk around me and tap me on the shoulder (to see if I would be able to hear someone approaching me) I kept finding myself swinging my arms around me to block them because after a while they understood that the quieter they were the easier it would be for them to tap me.

This was all really funny to them and they wanted to try it afterwards because I had been making such a fool of myself, but, I think hearing, smelling, touching and tasting would improve over time for a blind person because they they would grow use to not depending on sight. (IN MY DEFENCE)

If I couldn't walk/run until I was 3 for some logical explanation (slow-growing legs?) I would expect myself to be a really good crawler or be able to walk on my hands.

Ok.

Not the best example.

Me being sightless=....

When I stand up in the mornings the first thing I do is check the time because if it's anything before 8:30 then I'm going back to sleep.

I wouldn't exactly be able to check the time being blind.

Next thing I do is stretch, pretty easy but it'll be different not knowing when my fingers are going to reach my toes.

Then I stand out of bed- ok I'm lying. It's more of a slide on my back and a lot of groaning but after a lot of effort I'm lying on the floor- again this would be difficult with out sight- not knowing if your bedside table was going to get in your way, I guess you could adjust the the room to your liking.

So lying on the floor, I grab my iPod and slippers (that I keep on the floor for times like these) and since I'm still half asleep I kinda commander-crawl to the living room but it looks more like I'm a slug in my own opinion.

In my above description its noticeable I depend on my sight for nearly every movement I make, and becoming sightless in my opinion (I think) would have a major impact on anyone's life.

So just remember to treasure those types of things because we take a lot of it for granted when really we should be happy that we have perfectly-working organs and everything because these days, it's not uncommon to have a body disorder or something that isn't functioning properly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again I would like to state that above was ALL my own opinion and I'm not blind so it was difficult so please don't be harsh.

Thank you for reading.!

I love hearing what my readers think so please comment, and feel free to freely (?) give me any ideas for future chapters if you want to.

And I'd like some advice if this was too serious of anything. Thankyou!

Hit that comment button you know you want to!