Chapter 7

Adrianna's pov
"This is all my fault I'm sorry baby girl." I didn't know who was talking and if the were talking to me or not. I couldn't see anything. My head hurt a lot and the bed I was in wasn't comfy. I slowly opened my eyes this room was bright as fuck. "Turn the lights of." My words came out raspy. I caught kage by surprise but he quickly got up to turn off the lights. "How long have I been asleep." "Two days." He said running his fingers through his hair. "Ok you can leave now." I said sipping the water next to me. "Actually he can't." a doctor said walking in the room. "You need to be under supervision for the next three days and who better than you boyfriend." I chocked on my water. "Huh?". He left to get my release papers I looked over to see kage laughing. "They wouldn't let me see you love." He said. "Good." I said monotone. He came up to me and grabbed my hand. "I just want to apologize when you were sleep I realized how I treated you was wrong and that this was my fault. I promise from now on I'll treat you better as long as you have respect for me.". "Thankyou I'll try to be nicer." I said with a little smile. "Does this mean you're letting me go?" I asked. "Your not getting away from me that easy babe." He said before winking. After we left the hospital we went and got food and then went to kages house. "I want you to sleep in my room for the next couple days just encase after we know your for sure better you can go back to your room if you want the door should be fixed by then anyway there won't be a lock on this one." I nodded my head before going to take a shower. Kage took one in his bedroom while I went to the one in his guest room. After I was done I looked at myself in the mirror I was so pale and didn't look like myself it made me upset I'm glad kage realized that this was his fault that was I part of him I could get use to. I put some clothes on and went to kages room. He was already in bed on his phone. He looked up at me and patted the spot next to him. I chuckled lightly before getting in the bed. "There's water on the nightstand if you get thirsty and if you get lighted headed or don't feel good don't hesitate to wake me up." He said seriously. "Ok." He sat up and took off his shirt i one swift motion. He then turned to me and kissed my forehead. I laughed as part of me thought it was sweet and other parts thought it was disgusting. I don't know what has come over me but I kinda liked when he showed me affection and that kinda scared me a bit. He laid on his back putting his arms behind his head. Something in my head told me to move closer to him, so I did. I laid my head on his chest snuggling into him. He froze surprised at my actions before slowly putting his arm around me and his hand in my hair. His body was warm and smooth and for some reason it felt right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up the next day Wrapped in kages arms and I wasn't feeling the same amount of confidence that I felt the night before. So I quickly sat up causing him to stir a bit. I walked in the bathroom and brushed my teeth and pulled hair up. I walked back in her room, he was still asleep so I got on my phone and texted Jason a little bit. I missed him so much and couldn't wait to se him, even though we still had a while left. Kage finally woke up with a crazy amount of bed head. "How are you feeling?" He asked stretching "better." I responded with a slight smile. "Hungry?" he asked walking into the bathroom. "Famished." I said. I got up and made the bed before going into the guest room to put on clothes. Once I came back he was dressed to. We decided to have the food delivered via postmates because neither of us felt like leaving the house. After we were done we were sitting on the couch in comfortable silence when I got a call from my bestfriend. I got up walking out into his back yard before answer. "Hey jay!" I said happy to her his voice. "Hey I've miss you!" He said. "I miss you too how's the trip." "Everything this way is good how bout you how have you been." "I've been alright just haven't been getting out as much lately." I said rolling my eyes. "You've been trapped in your own little cage huh." He said laughing. "Yup my own little kage." Oh if only he knew my kage was about six foot five and covered in tattoos. "Well I actually called to talk to you about something." He said "alright." I said waiting for him to continue. "Well we've been bestfriends for a long time and we've always had a good bond right. "Yeah forever and always." I said smiling. "What if it wasn't so forever." He said. "You don't want to be bestfriends anymore?" I asked confused. "No I want to be more than friends I want to be with you Adrianna." He said. "Are you serious?" "Yeah I want you to be my girlfriend.". "Jason...we've always been really close but your like a brother to me and I think we're better off the way we are." I said. "Then...I'm not coming back." His words caused my heart to drop. "What." I whispered. "I'm being offered opportunities that I would never get in Cali and since I have no reason to come back then I'm gonna stay but you'll still be my bestfriend." He said. "Well if that's what makes you happy then I want you to do it jay jay." I felt a lump in my throat. "Don't think it was all you and that you're the reason Why there's just nothing for me back home and don't think this means we're not friends anymore I'll always be there when you need me if you're upset or even if you need guy a advice I'll be there." He said. "Thank you jay." I said feeling tears flowing down my face. "I love you dri." He said "I love you too." I said trying to smile before hanging up. I didn't know what to do with myself. I know he said I wasn't the reason but I felt like it was my fault why didn't I like him he was perfect. He knew everything about me and was always there when I needed him why wouldn't I want to be with him. The one person I thought I knew everything about but I didn't know he liked me. I felt a pair of of arms snake around my waist. "You ok?" He said in the crook of my neck. I shake my head no before turning around to hug him. I started to cry I felt horrible this was turning out to be the worst summer of my life. "It's gonna be ok love." He said rubbing circles on my back. "No it's not This has been the worst summer of my life." I said "how you met me." He said with a cheeky smile. I looked at him with a straight face before laughing. He wiped away my tears and hugged me again. He walked back in the house giving me some time alone. I went and sat on the trampoline and then I started to jump. Kage came back out to see what I was doing before coming and joining me. We jumped until the sun went down. We laid on the trampoline looking up at the sky. "You think you and Jason are going to remain friends?" He asked "yeah probably." I responded playing with his hair. "Why did you say no?" He continued. "Umm I don't know I just think we are better as friends...and I think I have feelings for someone else." I said almost whispering the last part. "Who?" He said turning to look at me. "I think I have feelings for you kage."