Chapter 12 - Thoughts of Hayden

Chapter 12 – Thoughts of Hayden

Hayden’s POV

“Hayden you told me to wake you up.” I heard the sweetest voice in the world say to me but all I could do was grumble “Well I’m going for my run then.”

That got my attention! I pushed a hand out towards where I thought she was to stop her. I opened my eyes only to find her kneeling beside the bed staring at me. God those eyes I could just lose myself in them. She smiled tentatively at me.

“I’m really leaving if you don’t get up.” She said sternly and I groaned but pushed myself to my feet.

It had been that way for the last few weeks now. She always woke me up to tell me she was leaving and I couldn’t bring myself to stay sleeping. What if that Bryce guy nabbed her when she was running? I would never be able to forgive myself.

So under extreme protest I forced myself to move. Soon after we were jogging along the trail in the national park.  I slowed down a bit to just watch her. She was such a graceful runner, her long gorgeous legs looking so fluid while her body almost danced with the movement.

She glanced back at me with a frown and I just raised my eyebrows at her. Okay so I was checking out that delectable backside of hers. I mean who could blame me? She ran off with what sounded suspiciously like a giggle so I raced to catch up to her.

We stopped at the point where the creek ran through the trail. It was up a bit high with all the rain we had recently but that sort of thing never bothered Leena. She just ran straight through even in the dead of winter with only those tiny running shorts on. Of course it made sense, she was a Snow Elf and a Moon Spirit, her whole being was made to be at one with nature.

I thought back on the rather useless meeting with her father a few weeks ago. Eileenia had a great visit but we ended up with no new extra knowledge on anything. Not who Bryce was or even what her Mothers talent was.

It was almost as if he had no idea who we were talking about. We assumed he was under a spell of some kind but we were unable to figure out what. So we were still at square one but at least he’d made no more attempts to take her away.

Later in the week Mum had planned the whole Eileenia naked in the moonlight thing. I was a bit worried Bryce might take that chance to get her when she would be so vulnerable. Then again just thinking about that was enough to make me miss a step and with a grunt I collapsed in a heap.

“Hayden are you okay?” She turned back to look at me in concern, yep so should not be thinking about her naked, that’s not going to help me at all.

“Yeah I’m fine Leena. This is all Mum’s fault anyway.” I grumbled to myself as I rubbed the ankle I just twisted. Well at least I wouldn’t have to limp out of here. There were definitely some perks in being able to heal. She squatted down in front of me and frowned.

“What did Charlie do?” She asked me in confusion.

I stopped rubbing my ankle now that it was healed and I wondered what to tell her. I didn’t want to embarrass her by telling her that I couldn’t stop thinking about the whole naked in the moonlight thing. Or how it was messing up my mind just thinking about it.