Chapter One - One Year Ago... Part Two

"Annika! Annika!!!" I called out into the woods, running as fast as I can. The sun was almost about to set, and I dont have my Rosario perfected, meaning I was like a running, breathing, live meal for any hungry demon that just happens to stroll by in search for some human hearts to munch on. 

"Annika!" I called once more, stopping to catch my breath. I tried to spot a messy patch of familiar blonde messy hair or maybe some green eyes somewhere.

I ran for a few more minutes calling her name, and I stopped once again when I heard soft sobbing coming from the trees. 

I quickly looked up and scanned each tree carefully, until I saw a small tiny ball huddled on a branch. 

"Annika! Get down from there, you might fall!" I called to her, running up to the tree. "Annika, we have to hurry, the sun is coming down!" I called to her.

"It doesn't matter! Let the demons rip my heart out!" She yelled, and started to sob uncontrollably. 

"Annika, get down from there right now!!!" I called to her angrily. 

"NO!" She yelled back at me, tears sliding off her cheeks. "Go away!"

"Annika, I am going to climb up there myself, and if I do, so help me God I will-" I yelled at her, putting my arms around the tree, getting ready to climb it. 

"What will you do?! If the sun is going down, then just leave already! If you dont, its either the demons or the tree spikes that will kill both us both!" She cried, her voice croaky. 

"ANNIKA! SHUT UP AND CLIMB DOWN THE TREE ALREADY!" I yelled at her, not trying to control my anger that was seeping out. 

She sobbed and coughed a few times, but eventually calmed down, and started to climb down the tree. 

And when she was half way down, I outstretched my arms to her. "Annika, jump into my arms! We have to go, now and fast!" I called to her. 

The sun was already setting, and it will only be a matter of time before...

I was jerked away from my thoughts as Annika quickly jumped into my arms, knocking me over. 

"Are you okay?!" She asked, quickly wiping her nose with her sleeve. I groaned, and got up painfully. "Nice catch, huh?" I joked, making her pull me up. 

I quickly cracked my back and groaned in pain. Annika hesitantly took my arm and we both started to run back home. 

"So why were you up in a tree, crying?" I asked her, stopping in between words to breathe.

"I didn't get it..." She said mumbling. 

"What?" I asked her confused. 

"I didn't perfect my Rosario..." She looked ahead sadly, slowing down.