3. School's a Bitch

Jennifer's P.O.V

I wake up in the morning, lying on the couch. My back hurts like hell. Apparently, couches aren't the best thing to use as a bed. Why do I have to be so lazy? Actually, I'm not lazy. Last night, I was just too tired to walk to the bedroom, happens all the time.

Wait, what time is it? If I'm late for school, I'm fucked. It's 7.30 AM, well shit. That means I have to hurry and not a little bit either. I jump off the couch, first mistake. My back starts to hurt even more after doing that. Damn, I act like an old lady.  

As fast as I can, I put some baggy clothes on and put my wig on. Yes, I wear a wig to school. At school I'm known as a blonde who wears baggy clothes and huge glasses. It's pretty strange nobody ever notices that those glasses are only made of glass, without any adjustments. 

I don't have much time today, so I quickly make a bun in my hair and pull the wig over it. Usually I make sure everything is good in place and wear a lot of make up to make it look like I have pimples, but I don't have time for that. The glasses should be enough to cover up my face.

The leftovers from yesterdays lunch are my breakfast for today. Call it whatever you want, I guess gross is the best choice, but it's all I have right now. I eat it so fast, I almost choke. My bag lays exactly where I put it, so that's a big relief. I don't have time to search for it and my essay for English is in there.

If I'm going to walk, I'll definitely be late. If I take my old car, it will break down. Easy choice, I'll rather be late than stuck with a car that doesn't work. I grab my bag and start running to school. How charming can a girl be, running like a maniac and dragging a bag with her as well.

This is not one of my best days. It actually can't get worse than this, I'm sure. I'm glad that I'm in great shape and that I'm still not breathing like a dog. The clothes make it harder to run, but I can survive that. I look at my phone and see it's already 8.15 AM. Shit, in five minutes the bell will ring and I'll be late.

With my index finger, I shove my glasses back on my nose. They easily fall off, especially when I'm running. This isn't the first time I've ran to school, what a surprise, don't you think? The not really a nerd runs to school a lot.

Normally I put on regular sportswear and don't wear my wig or glasses, jog to school, shower in the locker room and get changed there. Nobody comes there before first period, no girl loves sport that much at our school. They love make up and perfect hair too much to even try doing their best during P.E. 

Once I'm at school, I'm sweaty and sticky. It's really gross, I'm glad the bell already rang. Alright, I have two choices, go to class covered in sweat or take a shower and be even later. The second one, definitely. I don't like being sweaty.

If I'm correct, there aren't any girls in the locker room right now. If I'm wrong, well then I'm screwed. I walk into the locker room and can't see anyone. Finally something that goes right today. I quickly take off my clothes and take a shower. The water feels like heaven against my skin.

After a while, I wrap a towel around me and walk out off the shower. As fast as I can, I dry myself with the towel and put my clothes on again. The class is almost over, so if I hurry, maybe I can get in without getting detention. Probably not, but it's worth a try.

Without knocking I storm into the classroom, making all heads turn to me. The teacher doesn't look pleased with my late arrival, so I sight and wait for the detention slip. He hands it to me and I walk to the only empty seat left. I let myself drop on the chair and my bag on the floor. 

'Looks like someone's having a bad morning.' I hear someone say on my left.

'Shut up, Finley. Not in the mood.' I mumble.