1. New Partner

Jennifer's P.O.V

Today is the day, I'm meeting the strippers from next door. Yes, I said strippers. We're in the middle of a fusion between us and next door and the owner decided to show the others his strippers. It's not like we need to perform for them or anything. It's a chance to meet each other, before going on stage. 

We're going to perform for the first time tomorrow and it'll be good to get to know the others first. What if anyone makes a mistake and thinks one of our customers is a co-worker? That would be awkward and could cost somebody his job. Nobody wants that to happen.

I think it'll be fun, new people to work with and maybe even find a new partner. My last one stopped a month ago, he wanted to go to college and Tony's was too far away for him. I miss him, he was my best friend. My eyes are beginning to feel wet, so I bite my lip and try to hold in my tears.

'Everything alright, Venus? You look a bit pale and your eyes are watery.' Angel asks.

That's right, my stage name is Venus. My real name is Jennifer, but nobody here knows that. They also think I'm 23 years old, while I'm actually 18. Why 23? Because all of this started two years ago and I needed to be 21, or else Tony wouldn't hire me. So now I'm stuck being 23 and getting older every year until I stop working here.

I can't tell anyone my real name, because then they'll find out about my age and I can't let that happen. Tony will fire me immediately, for being younger than 21 and for all the lies. Almost everybody keeps their real name a secret, afraid of judgmental people and stalkers. Only the jocks spread the word that they're strippers, they are the dumbest.

'I'm fine, just tired. And I miss Jake, he was my partner and I don't know what I should do now. Solo can be very boring and those acts with Jake were the best ones. '

'You're right. You two made the perfect couple, are you sure he was just your partner around here? Or was he more? Spill it, I want to know.' 

A smile appears on my face, Angel is the sweetest girl I know. She's been here longer than I have, and that says a lot. I've been here for two years now, so I'm experienced. Today, I don't really feel like talking about Jake. His real name is Micheal, he knows mine as well. He was the only one I trusted enough to tell and I really needed a friend in the beginning. He was always there for me, so it wasn't fair that I cried when he left. I made it so much harder for him.

'I'm not in the mood, but if you really need to know, we were never together. He was my best friend, that's why I miss him. Just friends, nothing else.' 

'I don't believe you, but I'm taking you out tonight. That's the best way to forget him, trust me on this one!' 

'We're working tonight, did you forget?'

'Oh crap! Tomorrow we'll get a night off and go clubbing, I promise!' 

'I don't need to forget him, I'm being serious. It's not like he was my boyfriend and we just broke up.'

'Doesn't matter, we are going. If you want it or not, I'm dragging you with me. Do you hear me? You're coming! No excuses!'

I roll my eyes at her and look away. She's acting like I'm going through a tough break up and I need a rebound guy. Micheal is still my best friend, so I don't need to replace him. But she isn't going to let me go, I know that for sure. Clubbing doesn't seem like a bad idea, but maybe I'll convince her to go somewhere else.

Another stripper, Zeus, sits down next to me, but I try to ignore him. Some guys are so full of themselves, just because they're strippers. I hate that so much. Most of these guys are very nice, but this guy is a pain in the ass. He flirts with every single one of the girls in here and they all think he's annoying.