Chapter Five - Lovers

Chapter Five

Lovers

“I will be leaving in the morning before you arise, Mazaska Zi Ista.  I will be gone for three moons.”

“Why, Woniya Mato?”

“We have enemies on our land.  The toka must be forced from our territory before they strike.  The Sioux will make the first move against the Crow!”

She bowed her head in acknowledgement.  “I understand, my chief.  Please, be careful.”

“None will defeat me, mita Wastelaka.  Do not fear for me.  Before you know it, I will return to your side.”

They lay together in the heat of the day, spoke words of love, and shared tender embraces.  Then they shared passions a second time.

“Let us go to our spot, Mazaska Zi Ista.  We can cool our bodies in the icy waters.”

“I love the blue pond.  Tos, let us go.”

The lovers walked to their special place.  Instead of walking down the hill from the village as they did to reach the river, the couple walked up.  The blue pond was exactly that.  Spring fed icy waters accumulated into blue depths before spilling over and continuing down to flow with the mother river.  The pond was sheltered by a grove of trees including the medicinal weeping willow.  Kaitlin loved the simple beauty of the place.  It also held many memories of the man who lovingly held her hand.

They stripped and dove into the invigorating waters.  Kaitlin was the first to break the surface of the water.  She looked around for the brawny form of her promised.  Suddenly, something captured her ankles and lifted her upright.  She squealed as he dunked her.

“Why you!” she breathed with a smile.  “You’ll pay for that one.”

Spirit Bear lifted a mocking brow.  He captured her against his smooth, hard chest.  “And how will you manage that, my sweet?”

“Put me down, and I will show you.”

He arched his head back and laughed at her!  He actually laughed at her!  Kaitlin might not possess six feet of raw muscle and sheer male strength, but she knew how to give a shot.

She pounded her small fists against him in feigned anger.  When that didn’t work, she grabbed his head and brought his sexy face towards hers.  She captured his lips on a searing kiss.  Instantly, everything changed. 

He lowered his body down in the coolness so that she was cradled above him in the water, but both of their shoulders were out of the wet environment.  Suddenly, she jumped from his arms and pushed him with all her might against him.  His eyes were large as he toppled back into the water.

Immediately, he gave her chase.  She didn’t escape from the water before the supreme athlete captured her.  This time, Spirit Bear didn’t give her freedom to move.  She was a prisoner trapped against his heated body.

“You will pay for that deception, mita Wastelaka.  If you do not play fair, I will not either.”

With a devilish glint in his eye, he took a breast in his mouth.  He feasted hungrily upon the taut peak.  All playfulness aside, she groaned and caressed the back of his head.

Woniya Mato captured her hands in one of his larger ones.  He smiled as he roguishly tortured her with his sensuality and attentions to her chest.  Kaitlin tossed her honeyed tresses back and forth in tortured agony.  Her breath gasped with tiny mewling noises. 

Then he put her down.  It killed him to do it, but the war chief still had pride.  He turned to walk away.  Teaching her a lesson was nearly unbearable for him.  If he hadn’t turned when he did, she’d have seen the evidence of her power over him.