She Can't Fight Her Fate

******Edited by ToLoVeThEuNlOvEd

_____________________________________

Chapter One: You Can’t Be Serious

“Autumn Nycole Flores, if you’re not up in the next five minutes you can walk yourself to school.” My mother yelled at the top of her lungs.

I swear, she probably woke the neighbors with that last wake up call. As I slowly woke up from my sleep, I couldn’t help but to let my mind wonder.

Why should I even go to school? It’s not like anything interesting ever happens at school. It was just the same thing day in and day out. Same people, teachers and the same he said, she said drama.

“Nycole, are you ready yet?” My mother asked, as she opened my bedroom door without even so much as a knock!

“Almost. Give me two minutes. I’ll put my makeup on in the car.” I shouted back, rolling my eyes.

I couldn’t help being very annoyed with the fact that within fifteen minutes, I would be in Hell, or as my mother likes to call it, high school.

“Okay then, sweetie. I'll be in the car.” She said, smiling.

She walked out of my room, slowly closing my door. Right as I was about to leave my room, I took one last look in the mirror and sighed. It seems like today is going to be like any other day. Nothing special, just ordinary, and just like me. And on that note, I turned and walked out of my room, backpack in hand.

My overall appearance for school was average at best. The school I went to had the students wear uniforms. So every day I would have to dress in khakis and a polo shirt. Nothing special. The uniforms were made to make life easier for the students, but I didn’t agree. I think the uniforms were stripping us of all our individuality and sense of style.

As I opened the car door, I could tell that there was something worrying my mom. It was all over her face. She was just like an open book.

“Are you okay, mom? You seem a little on edge or something." I asked, looking her in the eyes.

"Huh. Oh, yes. I'm fine, dear. Don't worry about it. Just make sure your home right after school today." She said, sounding very suspicious.

"Um…okay. What for? I have band practice today." I said, not really wanting to hear her answer. I didn’t understand why I would have to miss out on drum line practice this afternoon.

“I have someone coming over and I would like you to meet them,” My mother muttered, before quickly changing the subject, “So what are you and your friends doing for lunch?"

"Them? Meaning more than one person? And I'm not sure what we’re doing for lunch. Probably the same thing we do every day." I said, hoping that she would give me some clue as to who is coming over after school.

"Oh ok. Well, here we are. Have a good day, sweetie. Remember to be home after school. Love you. Bye.” My mom said, as we pulled into the school parking lot.

I just simply waved goodbye at my mother. I watched as she drove out of the parking lot and away from the school. Skip Jack high school was like any other high. It had all the same clicks, you know, athletes, nerd, popular’s. As I made my way to the main building, I saw that people were walking outside.

“Looks like I got here a few minutes early.” I muttered to myself. 

I decided to sit by the music building and wait for bell to ring so I could go to first class. When I finally sat outside, I saw a lot people walking by with their friends and I couldn't help, but wonder where the heck my friends were. I sighed knowing they were probably sneaking around somewhere and getting into trouble. I laughed to myself at that thought.