Chapter 16 - Slip of The Tongue

A gasp left my lips as my eyes snapped out, the darkness of the room startled me giving life to figures that weren’t there. I stiffened slightly and I felt something pull against me. I turned my head to find Jane sleeping peacefully beside me. I eased out of her arms and climbed out of bed and crept a crossed the room to the door. Once outside I walked down the familiar hall of my house to the living room.

            I was surprised to finding dad still awake and watching the TV. I half-smiled at seeing that it was on the twenty four hour news channel. “Can’t sleep?” I jumped at his voice and watched as he turned in his seat to face me. “Me either.” I nodded softly and walked over to him flopping down on the couch. He draped his arm over my shoulders pulling me tightly into his side. “I would figure sleep would come easy being so warm and snuggle in Jane’s arms.”

            I smiled looking away from him and hear the sound of his breath. “You don’t want her here do you?” He sighed pushing up to sit more straight.

            “I know that you need her here, so I am will to let it be.” I turned back frowning and he looked away ashamed. Dad was okay with me being gay, but it happening in his house was another thing. It caused me to smile that he could still worry about something a trivially as that. “I know there is enough to worry about as it is, but I just want you to make sure that you really wanted this, before you rush into something because of what’s happening.”

            “Dad, there could be a madman out there that wants to kidnap me for the sole purpose of being his sex slave.” He stared at me as I took several breaths trying to calm myself. “What happens between me and Jane isn’t even on the top of my list of things to think about.”

            “And that’s my point. You’re not thinking about what this really means, or what it will do to you in life.” I shook my head getting to my feet.

            “Times have changed dad, it’s time that people do as well.” I walked off heading towards the front door and opened it.

            “What are you doing?” My dad said jumping up in a panic.

            “I going to look up at the sky to clear my head, why, is that a problem?” He could hear the distasted in my voice and he knew he had upset me. He frowned and shook his head sitting back down. It’s hard to believe that only three days had passed since Frank broke out, and yet with all the crap that was going on in my house, it just felt as if a year had passed.

            I walked over to the porch swing and sat down pulling my legs up next to me, and leaned back looking up at the sky through the screen that surrounded the porch. The moon was shining brightly overhead giving the ground a soft golden glow. I looked up the street to see the two marked police cars that sat at the beginning of my road.

            I hated all the fuss but really it gave me some comfort in know that I was cared about. Jane had been the most helpful in that regard. She had been spending every night since she brought me home, much to daddy distasted, but what can you do. I stretched my back hearing the soft pops of my spine. “Always popping something aren’t you?” I turned to find Danny walking around from the back of the house. “Fingers, toes, back, neck, you name it you pop it.