Chapter 13 Look Who's Come to Visit

I was just leaving my third period class when I heard my name yelled out, and I turned to find Mike running towards me with a smile. “So did you talk with Jane about the party?” I nodded with a soft smile. “Andddddd?” He said dragging out the word with a funny voice, almost making me laugh.

            “Mike, parties aren’t my scene.” His face dropped slightly as we started walking.

            “Oh come on, it will be loads of fun.” He seemed kind of eager causing me to feel suspicious of him.

            “Well, we’ve decided not to go.” He looked down as if defeated, then he looked up with a wild look to his eyes.

            “Come by for five minutes, if you don’t like it then you can leave.” I stopped causing him to as well. Student angrily pushed past us as I stared at him questioning.

            “Why are you so eager for us to come?” He looked away for a second, and when he looked back a calm filled his eyes.

            “You two are the hottest topic right now, I’m sure everyone would love to get a chance to talk with you.” And that was when it all clicked for me.

            “You mean me, so they can question me about what happed to me.” I angrily turned and started for the lunchroom with him still following me.

            “It’s not like that.” He said sounding none convincing. I stopped turning abruptly causing him to step back from me.

            “If you think for one minute I’m going to go to a party where I’m the freak on display, you fucking crazy.” I turned entering the lunchroom leaving him standing there, but walked right into Kevin, who was standing just inside the door, close enough to have heard my little speech.

            “It looks like our girl is finally coming out of her shell.” He said wrapping his arm around my shoulder, and turned leading me towards the lunch line.

            “And why do you say that?” I asked looking up at him. He smiled with a sharp laugh.

            “Because before you met our Jane, you would have just walked away, but now you gave that guy a piece of your mind.” I snort grabbing my tray.

            “I did not.” I said trying to hide the smile that threat to creep a crossed my face.

            “Then why are you trying so hard to fight that grin you’ve got growing.” I giggled feeling my cheeks stretch as my smile grew.

            “Okay, I told him way I wouldn’t go to his party, but I surely didn’t give him a piece of my mind.” I said paying for my lunch and together we walked over to our table. Alice, Tracy, and Jane were already there, but Kimberly was nowhere to be seen. When we reached the table Jane looked up with a smile sliding her chair over for me to sit.