[ Chapter 8: Family ]

It has been a few days since the rogue attack and Alexia has finally recovered and ready to go home. Things have changed a lot. No more torture, pain, and punishments.

Alpha Zachary stayed with his mate throughout the whole time. He never left her side unless he needed to be with his daughter or finish some pack business.

More warriors were placed around their territory. Alpha did not want to take any chance and risk his mate and pup's life ever again because he loved them more than himself.

Today, Alpha Zachary will be taking her mate in his home, their home. Since they were kids, Alexia spent half of her life in his home. She missed it so much when she had left for seven years.

During the days and nights that Alexia was sleeping in the hospital bed, Alpha Zachary told him how sorry he is for causing her pain. He would ask forgiveness from her multiple times even though her mate was in deep slumber.

He wanted to make his apology sincere and he has planned how. The pack doctor took off all the life-supporting machines from the Luna and happily told them that she could go home.

Zoe hugged her mother and dragged her outside the room. When Alexia stepped outside with Alpha Zachary holding his hand and Zoe holding the other, Alexia felt tears threatening to fall.

She wanted to cry but not because she was sad, if anything, she is happy. "Welcome home, Luna!" Everyone cheered.

The whole pack bowed their heads to recognize their Luna even though the mating ceremony hasn't been done yet. The DarkNight pack has loved Alexia Pierce since she was a little kid.

She's been always known as the beautiful, loving, caring, and thoughtful she-wolf. Tears fell from Alexia's eyes as her pack members handed her flowers upon stepping out of the hospital.

When she accepted their presents, more tears flowed from her eyes. "Dad!" she screamed while running up to him, not caring if she might burst some of her stitches.

"Lexi, my child. I knew you were strong and you saved my granddaughter. I love you, Alexia," her father said and gave him a kiss on her forehead.

Then, she saw her closest friends. The ones who grew up with her, ran with her, and shifted with her.

"I got my best friend back," Sophia, her childhood friend said while pulling her into a tight embrace.

Sophia, Katie, Jenna were some of the people who were closest to her heart. Alexia gave each one of them a hug. It was not a hug saying that 'I missed you.' It was a hug that said, 'let's start again.'

When Alexia had finally managed to keep her tears from falling, she admired the scenery that's unfolding before her eyes, she had been finally known as Luna, mate of the Alpha.

She continued to walk down the path that her pack has created and when she had finally reached the end, she found her gorgeous mate and lovely daughter.

That's when she realized that she had let go of their hands as she was welcomed by the pack a few moments ago.

Still holding the roses, Alexia felt like she's walking down the aisle. It's been always her greatest dream, to marry her mate, bear children and have a wonderful family.

"Mate," Alexia whispered while her eyes were becoming teary again. Everything that's happening seemed like a dream to her because it felt too good to be true.

"Mommy, come here!" Zoe excitedly screamed, waiting for her mother to approach her and her father. Alexia slowly walked and entered the heart-shaped trail of roses.

"Alexia Pierce, my mate, my luna," Alpha Zachary said while his eyes held an emotion of love. He held her hand while he continued the speech that he has prepared for days,

"When you left me, I felt broken, empty, and alone. My world came crashing down on me and I held nothing but darkness and anger. I turned my back against my pack, ruling them with injustice and ruthlessness. I became an Alpha that no one deserved.

When you came back, I took everything out on you. I punished you in ways that no mate should ever be treated. I tortured you, I hurt you because I wanted you to feel my pain.

I misjudged you, I doubted you, I wronged you. I broke us. I know that I do not deserve your trust, your love, your forgiveness. I do not deserve you.

I never stopped loving you, my Lexi. You have always been my light to darkness. My solace in sorrow, you are my everything. I want to make it right, start again, and this time let us do it together.

No greater. No less. We're equal, side by side. Love shall always prevail.

Luna Alexia Pierce, forgive me, please?"

Alpha Zachary knelt down before Alexia as he begged for her forgiveness. His whole speech brought Alexia and the whole pack to tears. Once again, he remembered their vow to each other. Alexia was left speechless so he pulled her mate to stand up then she said,

"Alpha Zachary Harrison, I have forgiven you the moment you loved my daughter. I never became mad at you for doing what you had to do. I also had my mistakes, Zach, I left you instead of trusting and if there's anyone to ask for forgiveness, it should be me.

I love you, Alpha Zachary, you are my whole life, you mean the world to me. You, Zoe, our pack, you are my life and I would love nothing more than to serve you wholeheartedly as your rightful Luna."

Everyone wiped their tears as they gave their Luna and Alpha a round of applause. Nothing else to say, Alpha Zachary pulled his mate and his daughter into a hug.

"I have a family!" Zoe squealed when Alpha Zachary placed her on his shoulders. When Zoe raised her hands up, flowers fell from her hands, making everyone laugh. She hasn't learned how to fully control her power yet.

What's more important is that Alpha Zachary and Luna Alexia finally had forgiven each other. Now, their journey starts with a new family and leaders of their pack.