Chapter 18, Li'l lady

I wake up the next morning with a head-splitting hangover

Because I'm not really a morning-person, I have to make dinosaur sounds while stretching and only then can I climb out of bed and trudge down to the kitchen for an aspirin.

Uncle Anton is sitting by the kitchen island - reading the newspaper upside down. 

"Morning sleepy-head," he greats.

"Orghing"

"What?"

"Ughrrr"

I fill some water in the glass I grab and then swallow two aspirins for good measure. It's that darn Brandy that's got me feeling like this!

Jessy comes trudging in as well - probably looking about as bad I am with her brown hair standing in every direction and her previous smokey eye that's turned into raccoon eye.

"Orghing," she says by greeting.

"Ughrrr," I reply.

"Hughhhhh," - pass me some aspirin, "Aghrrr," - please.

I grab two more aspirins and give her the glass of water I was using. "Ughorrrl," - here you go.

Jessy takes the glass and swallows the pills. "Tuhhhh," - thank you.

"This is how man evolves back to their primitive selves," Uncle Anton observes.

"You trying to figure out the oven is how man evolves back to fish," Aunt Tessa says by way of greeting when she walks in.

Uncle Anton grumbles something about finally being Aqua-man while Aunt Tessa ignores him. She makes all of us some coffee before looking back at us. 

"What are you girls doing today?" she asks.

Feeling like I'm finally getting to grips with basic human speech again, I answer: "Not sure. I thought that maybe Jessy and I can go exploring? I don't really know this town too well yet."

"That's a great idea!" Aunt Tessa replies.

"Let's do it," Jessy adds.

After a nice, warm shower, dressing in my favorite vintage jumpsuit and drinking my coffee, Jessy and I get into Blue Jay and set out our quest to let me explore Tygerwell.