Chapter 1, Ego brawl

A/N: Re-readers please don't spoil the ending! You will face the full might of my cabbages!

FIRSTLY I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT THIS SERIES IS OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED!!!!!!!

Two Gangs and a Golden Girl is rewritten as Girl in Gold and the ebook and paperback are both available on Amazon. The hardcover is available on Ingramspark. It's not just edited, it is rewritten completely. New characters, new events, and just general improvements to the writing. For example, in the rewrite, there aren't even any gangs and instead, I created my very own criminal organization with its own rules. I wrote Two Gangs and a Golden Girl when I was 17. I am 23 now and can promise you my writing got a lot better. I'm simply keeping TGAAGG up for now as something to look back on.

Here's a trailer for the book:

"Amber, I need your help!" I hear Uncle Anton shout from upstairs

I'm in the basement, covered in shades of yellow, and no where near done with my artwork.

"I'm busy!" I shout back and blow a rebellious golden hair, that fell from my messy bun, out of my face. 

"This is literally a matter of life and death!" my uncle mewls. 

I hear a clatter and a God dammit from upstairs before I decide to help the poor man. I quickly stir my paint brush in the jar of water before chucking it into my shoulder bag, grabbing my sketch book and paints, and rushing upstairs.

When I get to the kitchen, I spot Uncle Anton peering at the toaster.

"This bloody bread tanner, isn't working," he complains.

I let out a sigh and push the lever down at the side. 

"That's genius, Amber. Genius!" Uncle Anton says. His face is too sincere for me to tell him how un-genius it really is. You'd never guess he's a doctor. A bloody doctor!