An Alchemist's Anguish

"Major Pearson!" I heard the Colonel call me. I sighed getting up from my desk and entering the room in a lazy way. "Yes sir?" I asked scratching my neck a bit. My soul was picking up more than just the Colonel in here. I glanced over at the two teenagers sitting on the couch talking with Colonel.

"Pearson, I would like you to teach Fullmetal and his brother about soul alchemy. They have an interest in the field of bio-alchemy." Colonel told me gesturing to the two. I looked at the two for a second before sighing.

"Is that an order?" I asked my eyes closed and my arms resting above my head. "It is now." Colonel growled at me. I let out a quick sigh. "Fine but you better be a fast learner Edward." I said finally. "Hey hold on he said to teach Al also." Edward protested crossing his arms. I started to laugh a bit to myself. "What's so funny?!" Edward yelled at me.

"Nothing, nothing. You'll see when I start teaching you." I chuckled at Edward before turning to Mustang. "Anything else?" I asked letting my arms fall to my sides. "Yes you need to go with them to Shou Tucker's estate." Colonel told me standing up from his desk. "Well geez what next, do I need to move in with them after that?" I joked getting a laugh from Al and a glare from Mustang.

"I'll be riding with you there. Come on kids." Mustang grunted opening the door for us.

~Time skip to car~

"Two years ago, Tucker transmuted a chimera that could understand human speech. That earned him his certification as a State Alchemist." Mustang started telling us in the car. I was sitting with Colonel Mustang, across from the Elrics. "By "understand human speech," you mean," Ed paused leaning forward, "Wait you mean it talks? A chimera?!" Ed asked in awe. "Right, supposedly." Roy said looking up at Ed before looking back at the papers in his hand. "It only said one thing. "I want to die."" Roy told them. They let out a barely audible gasp, Ed mouth open slightly. "After that, it refused to eat until it got its wish. Correct?" I finished looking over at Roy. He nodded in response.

We rode in silence until we got to the estate. Roy rang the doorbell as the three of us wait just a bit behind him. "Man this house is huge." Ed commented looking up at the house. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a shadow just up above Ed and I. I jumped back just in time to hear a dog bark and Ed scream as he got flopped on by a big white dog.

Al immediately squatted down next to Ed, who was pinned down by the dog face first on the ground. "You okay, Ed?" Al asked. "Daddy!" We heard a little girl call. We looked over at the door to see a little girl with long milk chocolate brown hair, pushing the door open with a huge smile on her face. "There are people out here! Look." She told her dad who would guess was walking up behind her.

The man had reddish brown hair, cut close to his head, and a pair of glasses on. "Nina, this is why I told you to keep the dog tied up." The man told Nina gently. "Please come right in." The man said opening the door a bit more.

Once we were in his house, the first thing I noticed was the cluttered mess of books and dirty dishes and such. "I'm sorry about the mess. Ever since my wife ran out, this place has been a wreck. I'm not much of a housekeeper." He told us as we sat down at his dining table. He gave us each a cup of tea before sitting down across from us.

He let out a relieved sigh as he sat down. "Now that we're all settled in, let me say that it's a pleasure to meet you, Edward. As the colonel told you, I'm the Sewing Life Alchemist, Shou Tucker." He introduced himself.

"Ed is interested in the field of biologic alchemy. He would like to have a look at your research if that's possible." Colonel explained to Tucker. "Oh yes, certainly, I don't mind." Tucker told them. Ed and Al share glance before, "However," Tucker started making them turn back to him letting out a small gasp, "If you want me to show you the tricks I've got up my sleeve, it's only fair that you show me the tricks you've got up yours as well." Tucker told them. Ed didn't seem to like that much. "It's the code we live by - equivalent exchange. Now. Why are you interested in bio-alchemy?" Tucker asked with a blank stare. "Now I'm interested in how they'll cover this one up." I chuckled in my head.