SBAWP | Chapter 38

I'm baaaack! 

The honeymoon trip was a-ma-zing! We went to Dublin, London, Paris, Venice, Rome, and Barcelona

The honeymoon trip was a-ma-zing! We went to Dublin, London, Paris, Venice, Rome, and Barcelona. I think Venice was our favorite--it wasn't too crowded; Have you been to any of them? Which was your favorite? ♥ 

I actually got back on Monday, but then I caught the stomach flu and couldn't focus on anything for a few days. I'm mostly better now, so here is the next chapter! 

Dedicated to FallonAldon for the sweetest message ever! 

  ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥  

  ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ •  ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ •  ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ • ♥ •  ♥ • ♥ • ♥  

"We don't have much time, so let's get started." Father grabs a chair, sets it down with the back facing us, and straddles it. Then he frowns for a few seconds and demands, "do you have any idea where the Rogues took Jess?"

"No, of course not." Saf's eyes widen. "If I did, I would have told you."

"Father..." I growl in warning.

"No one is accusing you of anything, Saffron dear," Mother adds. She shoots a glare at Father, but he just raises an eyebrow at Saf and waits patiently, as if expecting a confession. He's demonstrated this technique to me in training, right down to that intimidating scowl he's now using. It's textbook Rogue Interrogation, meant to make even the toughest prisoners talk. Except that there is no reason for Father to be using the technique on my mate.

I'm about to tell him so, when Saf blurts out, "did you look in Oakburg."

"Why Oakburg?" I ask in surprise. Oakburg is home to the Moonlit Pack, but what reason would the Rogues have of going there?

"It's where Saffron grew up," Father tells me absently before turning back to her. Suspicion laces his voice as he asks, "Why would the Rogues take Jess to Oakburg?"

"They probably didn't." Saf shrugs, then grimaces in pain at the movement.

"Then why would we look there?" I frown. Maybe the medication Doctor Dev gave her is messing with her head or something.