1:09 Home

shout - out

Mcderma - awesome friend

sunnysideup13 - cousin and insipration - who I go to when I have writers block

isie98 - winner of chapter questions 1:05 - 1:08

meeshell seashell - awesome friend

HOME

I sat up in bed, blinked a few times, and looked around. My brothers were already up and dressed, sitting on their beds. Dean was on the computer, and Sam was sketching. Weird. I looked over at him. “What ya drawing buddy?” I asked.

Sam shrugged.

“All right. I’ve been cruising some websites,” Dean said, not visibly acknowledging that he knew I was awake. “I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali –- its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas. Hey.” Sam and I looked up. “Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?”

“No, I’m listening,” Sam said quickly. “Keep going.”

“And here,” Dean continued. “A Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times.” He waved his hand in front of Sam’s face. “Any of these things blowing up your skirt, pal?”

Sam ignored him. “Wait. I’ve seen this.”

“Seen what?” I asked. Sam got up from his bed and began searching through his duffel bag.

“What are you doing?” Dean asked.

Sam pulled a bit of paper from the duffel, and held it next to the drawing. “Guys, I know where we have to go next.”

“Where?” Dean asked.

“Back home,” Sam said. “Back to Kansas.”

My breath caught in my throat.

“Okay, random,” Dean said, sorrow appearing in his eyes. “Where’d that come from?”

Sam showed the photo he was holding to Dean. I got out of bed, and went over. The photo Sam held was of mom and dad, with Dean and Sam, and baby me in mom’s arms. 

“All right, um, this photo was taken in front of our old house, right?” Sam asked. “The house where mom died?”

“Yeah,” Dean said.

“And it didn’t burn down that second time right? I mean, not completely, they rebuilt it, right?”

“I guess so, yeah,” Dean replied slowly. “What the hell are you talking about?”

“Okay, look,” Sam said. “This is gonna sound crazy but…the people who live in our old house...I think they might be in danger.”

“Why would you think that?” I asked.

“Um....” Sam started. “it’s just, um... look, just trust me on this, okay?” He started to walk away. Dean and I exchanged a glance before following.

“Wait, whoa, whoa, trust you?” Dean asked.

“Yeah.”

“Come on man,” Dean sighed. “That’s weak. You gotta give us a little bit more than that.”

“I can’t really explain it is all,” Sam said.

“Well tough.” I snapped quickly. “We’re not going anywhere until you do.”

Sam sighed. I stared expectantly at him.

“I have these nightmares,” Sam said eventually.

Dean and I nodded. “We’ve noticed.”