Chapter nineteen

The sweet sound of the breeze and the hysterical laughter was all to calming for Lance.

He sat on a haystack kicking his feet among the sound. He didn't know when or how long Keith join him sitting, but believe he jumped like a little girl when Keith spoke.

"What are you smiling at?"

Lance blushed embarrassed, "I was just listening to the wind.. Feels like it's going to rain, you know?" Keith glanced at the fading sunlight into the dark rays of clouds of purple. "Feel? How do you know?"

Lance smiled a bit, he latched onto Keith wrist and said quietly "Hold your hand up like this"

Keiths purple eyes widened as Lance fixed his hand to the air.

A soft breeze blew by then after a minute blew harder.

"Can I ask you something?" Keith glanced at his friends rolling in the mud with Mr McClain, feeling a bit insecure around people.

"Of course!" Lance sighed staring at the sky.

"Do you ever miss home?"

"I don't know...I mean. I miss home when it's quiet. But when it is... I miss the noise. I miss being able to look up at the stars and just relax...Not having to get yelled at for sneaking on the roof."

Keith nodded slowly, he held the huge jacket that he borrowed from Lance closer, "I miss something I never had."

Lance glanced over not taking pity or sadness in his features but understanding.

"Do you remember your family?"

Keith stared at Pidge and Hunk giggling and helping each other up to go inside and get cleaned up; a small smile appeared as he sighed softly.

"I remember my dad...He has a accent-" A chuckle escaped his lips, "I remember my mom had purple hair... I remember I was really happy."

Lance nodded slowly, Lance knew the answer but he asked Keith anyway, "How's your step family."

A choked noise came from his throat as he quickly tried masking it with some coughs.

Lance stared concerned still slightly holding Keith's wrist. Hoping he wouldn't notice.

"It's like I said. Shit. But you are dealt the cards of life, I guess."

Lance smiled a toothy grin squeezing his wrist excitedly.

"You have a better family now, we McClain's...And Gunderson's
...And Garrett's. Are the trio just for you.. You got the cook who will never let you go unfeed. The protective sister who will hack into any bullies report cards for you! And me! The bestest of the best. The names Lance, Prince of this farm!"

"Psst.. As if." Keith smirked pushing Lance gently. "You know you love my sharpshooting Smarticles? Uh, brain skills?"

They both looked at each other and busted out laughing, the two smiled fondly at each other, blue eyes to purple. The prettiest colors at night.

"Kiss kiss.. Fall in love-" Chanted Hunk and Pidge quietly in the barn staring out the window.

Lance spoke staring into the purple beauties in a trance, "Do you believe in lo- I mean- like loveable friends?"

"I'm not sure I even know what love feels like... But I guess I do."

Lance nodded slowly his heart aching to hold the boy in his arms.

"I can teach you... Like what love..is? Or like what it should feel like... Sounds weird. I mean not like teach you it but just help with any ideas or questions.. Concerns, uh, Like-"

"Thank you, Lance... I'd like that." Keith smiled softly up at the speechless boy, Lance chuckled nervously pulling Keith in a soft warm hug.

"Lesson one."

-

-

-

And the moment was beautiful, till the rain fell..